cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

as usual porting failed :(

jqian6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just activated while porting, now the problem is:

The old sim card still can make calls out and receives calls in.

The new (PM) sim card can make calls out but not receives calls in.

I verified over and over again the account number is correct.

I contacted moderator by submitting the ticket. No response yet. Really frustrated.

6 REPLIES 6

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This can happen from time to time. You can try contacting your old provider and telling them you've ported over to PM. Also, if there's a physical location near you, like in a mall, you can visit them, and they'll manually fix it for you.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jqian6 it take about 2-3 hours for the port to complete. don't worry till then.

what you can do to speed up the process is to reset your network settings and restart your phone. 

what's the make and model of the device?

@jqian6 Give it time to complete. If it's more than a few hours then submit a ticket to PM for help. Use Stuck Port as a subject.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

jqian6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's from Bell to PM porting.

Luckily I have two cellphones now, both are functioning. The one with PM sim card just cannot receive calls. The other one with Bell sim acts perfectly normal.

I am just anxious. Usually the porting is instant. Should I contact Bell?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your port in incomplete.  Just use your old sim for the time being and once your old account is closed and the port is completed then switch your sim.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jqian6 Take a deep breath. When you say as usual the port failed, do you have past ports that failed? The behavior you explained is normal. Your port is in progress. If it's from another cell provider it should be done in about 2 hours (often quicker). A landline or VOIP can take a week. Keep using your old sim until it doesn't work, that will tell you the port is complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.