cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add-on

Cathy24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to have an extra 200 min of talk this month as I have almost run out of minutes, as a one time add on. I added this under plans and it ended up somehow being done twice. My questions are:

-it has not appeared in my plan yet, when will it appear? Or will it just be for the next renewal (ie not useful as I need it now)?

-will this be ongoing every month, ie. I need to cancel it before the next renewal?

-how do I remove one of the two add-ons?

8 REPLIES 8

lindali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the the questions as you. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Cathy24 wrote:

I want to have an extra 200 min of talk this month as I have almost run out of minutes, as a one time add on. I added this under plans and it ended up somehow being done twice. My questions are:

-it has not appeared in my plan yet, when will it appear? Or will it just be for the next renewal (ie not useful as I need it now)?

-will this be ongoing every month, ie. I need to cancel it before the next renewal?

If you accidentally added twice, you could speak with Mod's but know that they don't expire and will roll over. So you can always use it down the road. 

For the add on you placed here is some info on it.

Canada Long Distance Add-Ons

You can add 200 minutes of U.S. & Canada Long Distance to your plan, or 400 minutes of International Long Distance to your plan, depending on who you want to call. Note that you will need to have talk included in your plan to use these Add-Ons. International minutes are supported for calls to the following countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.If you have a problem calling an international number, ensure the following:

• You are using the correct dialing pattern: Exit Code + Country Code + Area Code + Phone Number.
  • You have Long Distance minutes remaining on your plan. Check by signing into your Self-Serve account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cathy24 , add-on purchase is a two step process.  See illustrated guide.  There is no way to remove a second purchase.  Public Mobile does not offer refunds.  However, you could ask the moderator team to see what they can do for you.  No guarantees of course.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Cathy24 

Did you withdraw money for your add-on twice?

Please check your balance

If you have enough money please proceed to purchasing your add-on.

It should be listed in your add-on section in overview immediately

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Cathy24 

@Cathy24 wrote:

The add on should show immediately in your overview page in your data add on section.  See below:

Pasted Graphic.png

It is a one time purchase.  

Generally, there is no refunds in the prepaid service like Public mobile.  You can save the add on for future use.  Or, if you really need the refund, you can contact moderator.  YMMV on the credit.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cathy24 wrote:

It shows up in data & add-ons. Add-ons start right away. Add-ons stay on. Buy once, consume over time. There is no self-serve method to remove them. Especially if you've used some. If you bought two of them then you have 400 minutes. They can be stacked.

Did you buy the 200 minute one to call the states? If not then yes the 500 minute add-on is a much better deal.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a two step process for add-ons.  You need to add and purchase them.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Add ons are one time purchases only. They aren't charged monthly, and unless it's a US roaming addon, they don't expire until used up. Add ons usually show up immediately when purchased.  @Cathy24  the 200 minute addon is the $8 US addon. Could you check to see if you added the addon, or your money is still sitting as a credit in your account. It's a 2 step process,  add funds, then buy the addon. If you are looking for Canadian minutes, a better addon would be the $5,  500 minute addon. Heres an article on buying add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

Need Help? Let's chat.