activation

jacob_kurde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

that 2 hour line not work how long it's taking
my old provider is still work,

25 REPLIES 25

@jacob_kurde wrote:

call to who 😓

porting team.. call them again and make sure you get to a live support to discuss

But.. did you check your My Account, profile page?  what phone number showing?

I'm reading confusing messaging. And unnecessary attitude. We're all trying to figure out what you've done to be able to help you.

jacob_kurde

call to who 😓

@jacob_kurde   if you login to My Account, Profile page,  does the number you want to port into PM showing there as your phone number? 

if the number showing  is not the one you want to port, then for some reason, you didn't request porting, but you can request in My Account now

If the number showing is the one you want to port, it's a bit late now to call the porting team, call back tomorrow morning, enter your number twice and talk to live support.  Ask them if they ever see your request to port.  Was it completed or just never there

jacob_kurde

what you read 😞

jacob_kurde

said i make call 😠  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When you activated did you go through the transfer number process? Or did you select a new number?

@jacob_kurde wrote:

i make a call to telus, port request not there

@jacob_kurde   did you get to talk to a live support?

if not .. call back, enter your number twice (if the first one say cannot find it, enter again, then you will get to talk to a live support)

But , sometimes, a message saying cannot find the request also meant the number is ported already.  completed

So, another thing to check, put your old sim card back, can you make calls?

Porting team closing in 5 mins.. 

jacob_kurde

i make a call to telus, port request not there

@jacob_kurde wrote:

not yet

You have 15 minutes before the close for the night @jacob_kurde  - fyi

jacob_kurde

not yet

@jacob_kurde   you called the porting department yet?  Were they able to help?

@jacob_kurde wrote:

why you laugh about me 😡

i am not porting landlines

Apologizes @jacob_kurde , it was a possibility you were porting from a landline from your original post. But it is understood now this is a cell port over to Public Mobile.

I was really laughing at myself, not you.

jacob_kurde

why you laugh about me 😡

i am not porting landlines

@jacob_kurde wrote:

jk8 send to me telus i don't have telus

@jacob_kurde Telus is the porting department/company for all of Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile, since Telus is the parent company of these companies.

So when you call that number hit zero until you reach an agent, then tell them you are trying to port over to Public Mobile. Ensure you insert your old provider sim card in your phone to accept the text after Telus/Public Mobile resends the request to your old provider.

@jacob_kurde 

Telus owns Public Mobile.

@jacob_kurde wrote:

not landline what you talking about

Are you that young that you don't know what a landline is @jacob_kurde ?

LOL, just kidding, please take no offense, I was having a laugh...just recently showed a kid under 8 years old a corded/coiled landline with handset and they didn't know how to use it. 😂

But, you do know you can port landlines phone number to cell/mobile numbers also, right? And simply put, I didn't see your post saying "SIM card i have it not receive text message ", within 1 minute of me posting mine. 🙂

jacob_kurde

jk8 send to me telus i don't have telus

@jacob_kurde wrote:

SIM card i have it not receive text message 

@jacob_kurde 

If you have not receive the text message asking for your approval to port, it could be an issue on your side

First, can you receive regular text on your old provider still?

I think @JK8  is sending you a number to call PM porting team.  Call them now before they close for tonight.  They will advise on the porting status and will re-trigger the process if needed

@jacob_kurde 

I will PM you porting office number so you can call them to see what is going on. Check email icon top right.

jacob_kurde

not landline what you talking about

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jacob_kurde 

Have you restarted your phone with your public mobile sim card inside yet, if not try that then see if services work.

Generally:

Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.

Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

jacob_kurde

SIM card i have it not receive text message 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jacob_kurde hi did you leave your old sim in to receive transfer request,you have 90 minutes to reply yes I will PM you the number to call to reinitiate port request 

@jacob_kurde wrote:

that 2 hour line not work how long it's taking
my old provider is still work,

Is your old provider a cell phone company?  If it is a wireless number, did you responsd to a text message from your old provider?  You need your old provider's SIM card in the phone to receive it.

Need Help? Let's chat.