cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation

Dimas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have ported my number from rogers and then called them to unlock, which they did, as I provided IMEI#,

inserted SIM card, chose a plan, added funds, and nothing...

no service,

although in "history' shows calls I tried to make however all that happens is called failed.

If someone dials my # it goes in to VM.

Can anyone help direct me please:)

13 REPLIES 13

@Dimas wrote:

Thank you!

Phone is up and running after connecting to itunes!

happy to help

Dimas

Thank you!

Phone is up and running after connecting to itunes!

Dimas

going to try this:) thank you!

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 👏👏👏👍

@Dimas wrote:

Hi,

I have ported my number from rogers and then called them to unlock, which they did, as I provided IMEI#,

no service,

although in "history' shows calls I tried to make however all that happens is called failed.

I see based on one of your messages, that you're using an iPhone 3g.  iPhone 3g devices would be using a very gold version of iOS, one which I believe that you are still required to use iTunes for activation.

At the very least, you'll need to have your Public Mobile sim card inserted in the device and then connect to iTunes using the phone and the cable.  You cannot just switch sim cards on these older Apple devices.  The iTunes software is required to connect to an Apple server to check if the device is allowed to be used at a specific carrier. 

I also believe that unlocking these type of older iPhone devices (iPhone 3g erra) that you have to do a factory reset/restore. Note that this will delete everything on the device, so make sure that you make a copy of anything that you wish to keep.  After that factory reset (and assuming that Rogers had the device unlocked for you properly), then connect your phone to your computer and load iTunes.  It should show a message on the computer screen saying something like "Conrgratulations, you iPhone is now unlocked" or worlds similar to that.  After seeing that message, your Public Mobile sim card should work.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello, @Dimas!

Thank you for reaching us!

If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to approach us @Moderator_Team and someone will help you with this matter.

Cheers! 🙂

PM Mod team

Dimas

I have specific reason to use this phone:) with the public service:)

if you have suggestions to have it connect, would be thankful

Dimas

service shows active on my public online account and when I sign in to rogers I still have that account active - requested porting the number 2 weeks ago, received a call from public customer service person asking for my rogers account # to complete the porting process.

I have rebooted...no luck.

still says no service

if someone calls the number it goes into vm

and if I try to call it sats, call failed.

In my history it records all the "attempted" calls

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dimas wrote:

MB629C iphone

I stand corrected...will13am, it's your show.

Whoa, when I search for that model # it appears that iphone model was first released 10 years ago.  Time to splurge and get a new phone, me thinks.

@Dimas wrote:

MB629C iphone

Phone is compatible on 3G.  No LTE support.  This should not be a problem. 

Dimas

MB629C iphone

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Dimas, is your account showing as active?  Did you port in your number as part of activation?  Have you waited up to 2 hours for the number port to complete?  Best way to confirm this is to use the Rogers service until it stops working.  Following port completion, you need to reboot your phone.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dimas wrote:

Hi,

no service,

Rogers still has 2G, so your phone could be on 2G. Please post your phone model here.

Need Help? Let's chat.