cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account and sijm

meldriver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm trying to crate an account to activate my account but it won't let me, and then it asks me for my phone # but I don't have one.  My sim card does not exist either which is brand new

35 REPLIES 35

ma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue.

I don't know how to create account. PM is soo bad thet they increease all prices including SIM and on top ov that you cant activate the new sim. I want to know how to get my money back and I will go to others...

Just create proper web site. We are paying for that...

@meldriver Please type the exact error message it shows, or better still, post a screenshot from your phone. It's confusing when you say "No SIM card" because that would usually indicate a hardware problem with the phone or with the SIM.

meldriver

it does say it failed or no sim card

@Moid_I wrote:

@meldriver I asked support team to look into your account and it shows account is active. If i can get the error msg you are getting it will help us narrow down the issue. 

Thanks 

In addition to my earlier post, I want to clarify that the error in this case is the SIM not latching on to the network.

@meldriver: Please confirm that even if you try to connect to the PM network after a manual network search, it says something like "registration failed".

@Moid_I I ran into the exact same issue with my porting/activation about 2 weeks ago. From @meldriver's earlier responses, it's quite clear that the SIM has not been completely provisioned in PM's AAA servers.

In my case, the resolution was only attained after several email exchanges with a support rep.

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@meldriver I asked support team to look into your account and it shows account is active. If i can get the error msg you are getting it will help us narrow down the issue. 

Thanks 

meldriver

the sim card is not activated

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@meldriver When you say card is still locked what does that mean? You have no servcie on the phone or Self Serve is not working. Have you tried to manually search for network? 

Is your iPhone 4s unlocked? 

meldriver

🙂

meldriver

Hi, I'm using an I phone 4s and I have no error message, and I've tried in someone else's unlocked phone and the card is still locked

A response from a community manager - yay!!

@meldriver, now you're in good hands! 🙂

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@meldriver Can you please let us know what model of phone you are using and when you enter your SIM card what error are you getting? 

if you try to go in settings > network settings and manually search for network on the phone are you able to see Public Mobile. 

if you dont see Public Mobile can you please try to use the SIM card in a different unlocked phone to see if you can get service? 

Thanks 

meldriver

really not fun when you have already been waiting over a week for your sim card.  not professional at all

meldriver

yup

@Daniel As mentioned in 3 of my earlier posts in this thread alone, this issue can NOT be resolved by a community manager alone. It'll have to be a regular email support rep who resolves it - so the most that this thread will help in, is escalating the problem internally after the 48 hour period has elapsed.

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@meldriver,

1- did you try a to port your number from a other carrier?

2- Are you certain that you phone is unlocked?

@7789849803

I agree that a support ticket must be open with PM ASAP, but I prefer testing all outcomes (that I'm aware of) first!

Also, the answer in the threah will help the PM cummunuty manager to better address the issue if meldriver doesn't have any response from the support team withing the 48 hours time frame.

@Daniel wrote:

From what I understand in this thread, id you SIM card should be activated if a payment was taken, but you can't access your selfserve area, therefore I would like to know what are the symtom when inserting the SIM card into your phone.

@Daniel That is simply not true. When I activated my SIM last month and was having my number ported (I filled out the porting information as part of the activation process), I ran into the same issue. My SIM didn't work for several days (no network at all) after the port went through.

I fear that by speculating based on little information, we may be adding to @meldriver's woes. I can't stress enough that there really is nothing to be done at this point but sit tight and wait for PM support to fix whatever it is on their end that will need to be fixed for everything to work as intended. They may ask @meldriver for additional information - but at this stage we don't know what else they may need to do to alleviate the problem.

meldriver

it tells me that there is no sim card and when I try putting in the box on the public site, it says it doesn't exist, and yes the money was taken from my credit card, i called

Daniel

I took too long to answer! I've just duplicated @7789849803 posts!

Daniel

Hi @meldriver,

The issue about your online account will not be fixed until the support teams fix it.

For your phone, can you confirm at 100% that your credit card was debited for the amount of your plan? (what is the selected plan).

Did you try porting a number from a other carrier or ask for a new number?

From what I understand in this thread, id you SIM card should be activated if a payment was taken, but you can't access your selfserve area, therefore I would like to know what are the symtom when inserting the SIM card into your phone.

meldriver

ok, thanks

@meldriver Nothing to do now but sit tight and wait. Like I said, PM support reps will be the ones to help with anything.

Your issue will get resolved for sure - but it will take some time, so patience is key here. You should get an email response from them within 48 hours. If you don't, we'll have one of the community managers escalate your concern.

In the meanwhile, you can show your support for the outbound support idea in my previous thread (if you wish). But there's really nothing else to do at this stage.

meldriver

the sim still doesn't work and no one to talk to, just so much fun.  Now how do I get reimbursed??

@meldriver You are absolutely correct. PM does not offer any inbound phone support. Though there is an idea active on this forum that advocates for them to start providing outbound phone support for some issues such as the ones around activation and porting.

You can take a look at the idea here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Outbound-Phone-Support-for-Complex-Issues/i...

Click the orange up arrow on that idea page to register your support so PM is nudged to consider it as a viable option in the future.

meldriver

it's funny that there is no where, we can phone to have our account looked on, this is really a beginner company.  😞

meldriver

already done for the email, and no answer yet, so no i'm not going to finish this discussion till it's fixed.  Thanks

@meldriver Please don't get confused. The only people who will ultimately be able to resolve your issues (whether with self-serve or activation, or porting) will be PM support. It's clear to me from your description that there's been a technical glitch during the activation process for you. Only a PM support rep will be able to rectify whatever issue(s) are involved here.

Send an email to them now - it may take them a couple days to respond. If the situation is still unresolved in 48 hours from the time you send the email, we can have a community manager escalate your issue. But all this can only happen once you send the email, so I'd urge you not to hold off on that any longer, if you wish to have this fixed soon.

meldriver

it's not fixed yet!!!!!!

Daniel

Thanks @7789849803, I've corrected the link!

Cheers!

@Daniel FYI, that link is specific to Quebec - and shows in French. But yes, hopefully @meldriver has already sent (or is shortly about to send) a webmail to PM support now.

Cheers!

Need Help? Let's chat.