cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi redmi 6A compatibility

stephen2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I have recently purchased a Xiaomi Redmi 6A and want to get the $10 public mobile plan. However, I am not sure if my phone is compatible with this plan ( in terms of brandwidths and such.) I have checked using the imei code and it seems to be compatible. I just want to be sure. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slash407 wrote:

im pretty sure all phones work if they accept sim, the freqencies are overblown with my personal experience. The seller should also warn u if there is blaring problems otherwise i wouldnt buy the phone. 

@slash407, I don't see how you could make such a statement.  Each phone is made to support the market it is built for.  Some phones also have support for additional markets.  However, there is no way that all phones work everywhere as long as the SIM fits.  If a phone does not support LTE band 4, you will only have  limited LTE coverage, and you will only get that limited coverage if the phone has some of the other bands(frequencies) used by Telus network (Telus + Bell).

dezn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Xiaomi phones are amazing. Always buy the global version. I currently have one ordered and on its way to check with public mobile but should work.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stephen2Make sure to buy the "global version" when you buy Xiaomi.

If you can offord slightly more money ($25usd), you may want to consider the 6 instead of 6A. its got 50% more memory double the amount of CPU

$125 6 - 3GB + 8xCortex-A53 CPU Core @ 2.0GHz 

$99 6A - 2GB + 4xCortex-A53 CPU Core @ 2.0GHz 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @stephen2.  I am not sure of the exact sub model you have, but if it the same/simlar to the one mentioned in https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/7KB1FxZ/xiaomi-redmi-6a-dual-sim-td-lte-cn-m1804c3ct/ca..., then it might not be compatible.

However, based on https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/xiaomi-redmi-6a it might be compatible(at least partially).  Would need to find exact frequencies used by your particular model.

Need Help? Let's chat.