cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi Mi A1 bluetooth issue?

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I realize this isn't the official support forum but our options are limited in Canada it seems.

Does anyone else use this phone and connect to a bluetooth speaker? How is your connection reliability, does it keep playing or drop out periodically? I was using Spotify and it might play two songs then the music stops, but when I connect to the same speaker with an old ipad it stays on no problem.

It's using an Anker speaker from amazon.

3 REPLIES 3

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it's on Pie, with the May 1 update.  I didn't know there was a 'bluetooth cache', i'll look into it and dev mode, thanks.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheels wrote:

I realize this isn't the official support forum but our options are limited in Canada it seems.

Does anyone else use this phone and connect to a bluetooth speaker? How is your connection reliability, does it keep playing or drop out periodically? I was using Spotify and it might play two songs then the music stops, but when I connect to the same speaker with an old ipad it stays on no problem.

It's using an Anker speaker from amazon.

@on2wheels  The issue appears to be related to the latest Pie update that was pushed to that phone. Some people have reported a fix by enabling the Developer options on that phone (Google is your friend). In Developer Options you can select the AVRCP version used to control music playback via Bluetooth. This may also fix issues with Bluetooth speakers with playback controls.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Probably software related.  Try the following :

Bluetooth Issues

• No power saving mode should be enabled.
  • Turn the Bluetooth of your device on and off.
  • If the problem persists, go to Bluetooth Settings and clear the cache.
  • Restart the phone.
  • If there are multiple profiles, then maybe you have exceeded the limit of profiles you can save. Delete old and profiles no longer in use. Then try setting the connection from the beginning.

What version of Android are you using ?

Need Help? Let's chat.