cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong caller ID display with my phone number

linhvuuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello:

I called my friend today and realized that my caller id is a company name, could you please remove that?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@linhvuuk : Public Mobile does not transmit the name of the caller. Just the number. Your recipient might have your number related to that business as a contact. Or they're using a database that still thinks that number belongs to that business.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@linhvuuk : Public Mobile does not transmit the name of the caller. Just the number. Your recipient might have your number related to that business as a contact. Or they're using a database that still thinks that number belongs to that business.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@linhvuuk PM does not sent name info on caller id.

the issue is either your friend's has your number setup as a contact and entered the wrong name (the company name) or your friend has used some kind of name resolve services but this is out of PM control.

You can try to call other friends or your home and you should see only your number is displayed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linhvuuk 

but i don't think so public mobile has a caller ID display, but you can try to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,and Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@Anonymous   pretty sure PM won't be able to help so I guess the ticket is not needed.  PM only send number info as Caller id

@linhvuuk : You don't need to waste the time of the CSA's. It's not this end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linhvuuk : Those call display and call block options are for your incoming calls. Not relevant.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow wrote:

@Anonymous   pretty sure PM won't be able to help so I guess the ticket is not needed.  PM only send number info as Caller id

@hTideGnow @linhvuuk 

maybe the number have he/she has not probably right in account, and they CSA have to check it you know.

*There are three main circumstances that cause a caller ID to be displayed incorrectly: The originating carrier may have incorrectly formatted or not transmitted the original "From" number. This usually results in a missing caller ID, or a "translated" number code.

the name display wrong issue is on your friend's end.

A quick way to resolve it is to ask your friend to check if he has created the contact with wrong name.  If he does not have a contact created for your number yet, create one and they would override whatever name lookup app/service he is using

if you want everything perfect, ask him what name lookup app he is using and open a ticket with that app owner to try to change it on his or her database.