cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering how 4GB/$40 per month folks are doing

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Everyone,

I joined PM from Rogers back in October last year (my wife and daughter moved their numbers from Rogers to PM too).

Over six months later, we're all still very happy with the service and it was the best move we've made in wireless service ever.  (We've saved a ton of money too).

Roaming service was introduced and worked perfectly when we went to the USA.

While specific locations may be better or worse coverage wise - we've found PM to be reliable and dependable where we live - and an absolutely great value. 

Just wondering if others who moved to PM last year are as happy as we are?

PHT

85 REPLIES 85

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Awesome post and discussion! Also, thank you for sharing your support experience with our awesome moderators!!

I m on 12gb plan here's my update and I used data alot I have used 5.4gb so far and I have 24 days left 6.6 gb left
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

lol, i have yet to hit 3 gig for 3 months

Chaos_Scorpio

I have too much data ... lol 2g is enough for me for 30 days. 

ChopstickHero

Doing great, no real issues. I switched from Rogers... basically, the cost of one month of Rogers is now the cost of 90-day PM plan. I referred a few friends and family so my referral rewards made it well worth the switch. Switched my wife's plan too, so she is able to benefit from a few referrals too.

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am LOL you did.  However, not such a great idea in a mall, might seem like I'm loitering.

Just hang out at a coffee shop kiosk, figure out a way to turn down the signal strength of your wifi.  Cat Tongue

Speaking of loitering, that is what I used to do when I go to the mall while I was with Wind.  I would loiter at the Apple store for while to catch up on things because my phone would disconnect most of the time.

@will13am LOL you did.  However, not such a great idea in a mall, might seem like I'm loitering.

@stonechucker wrote:
@ShawnC13 I wish I could get that many to jump over. I've only had 2 friends reference me, so friend regards don't amount to much, but my annual loyalty will kick in in August, and I use autopay and community rewards.

I'm just over 1/3 my data this cycle with 14 days to go. Not a data worshiper, but it was a double the data for the same price no-brainer for me. I'm still paying less than I did with wind, and still massively saving compared to Rogers on BYOD.

Service is better where I need it and the price was great when I took the unve to join.

Yes I have too much data, but I'm approaching my previous limit streaming music and using driving directions in the car. Yes, although I have vision issues, I'm still able to drive 😀😎

@stonechucker, I thought I suggested this to you before.  Make some friends by running a wifi hotspot for those struggling to make ends meet on their $80 per month 500 meg Telus plan.  They all have to stay within about a 30 foot perimeter. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am, with the current promo with rewards I am paying like $27 a month so I am overly satisfied with the plan I have.  Iwould switch my wife though, she uses even less then I do.

@ShawnC13, so you and I could use a 9 gig over 90 day plan for say $100.  I would switch one of my plans to that if it were offered.  I hate going to a buffet table on a full stomach.  There is so much unrealized value when much of the data is gone to waste at renewal time. 

Halfdome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I couldn't be more pleased.  Moved from Rogers in the fall after they started texting me about suspending my service for using too many minutes on their extended service.  I was on a no limit calling plan but wasn't allowed to use it.

Public mobile is great.  The mods answer and solve any issues right away.  Excellent to deal with and no long waits on hold. ☺

Vickel
Service has been great!

On thing is paying for multiple phones up front is going to hit the wallet hard
But it will be worth it in the end

jmagoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

love it, got the plan at the tale end of the promo and it's the best decision i made, i've been with PM for a long time, i used to pay 15$ then i was forced to go to 19$, hopefully i get to keep this plan for a long time, fingers crossed, i've used the US roaming and i had a few problems with the system it's a bit fiddly, you have to put the money on the site than you purchase your addon, it's counter intuitive, mods helped me out and everything worked out. pretty happy

@ShawnC13 I wish I could get that many to jump over. I've only had 2 friends reference me, so friend regards don't amount to much, but my annual loyalty will kick in in August, and I use autopay and community rewards.

I'm just over 1/3 my data this cycle with 14 days to go. Not a data worshiper, but it was a double the data for the same price no-brainer for me. I'm still paying less than I did with wind, and still massively saving compared to Rogers on BYOD.

Service is better where I need it and the price was great when I took the unve to join.

Yes I have too much data, but I'm approaching my previous limit streaming music and using driving directions in the car. Yes, although I have vision issues, I'm still able to drive 😀😎

@will13am, with the current promo with rewards I am paying like $27 a month so I am overly satisfied with the plan I have.  Iwould switch my wife though, she uses even less then I do.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

pakmode

Agreed. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am,  With the fall promo the only way for me to pay less is to go down to 3gb of data over 90 days and that is only a savings of $9 dollars.  That would get eaten up easily with a data addon so I don't think I am a candidate for a downgrade to any of the current plans.  Now if a new plan and a smoking deal comes up I will consider it but with summer and camping coming up I will like having this data available to me

I am not referring to the current rack rates for 3 gigs of data.  What I meant was if the next great promotion was 9 gigs over 90 days instead of 12 gigs and was less than $120, we might be candidates to jumping on that bandwagon.  Alas it just a fairy tale unless such a promotion was actually introduced. 

Pretty satisfied with public mobile no drop calls or dead spot for signals lte run pretty fast and smooth moved from freedom as well so far pretty happy with pm
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@will13am,  With the fall promo the only way for me to pay less is to go down to 3gb of data over 90 days and that is only a savings of $9 dollars.  That would get eaten up easily with a data addon so I don't think I am a candidate for a downgrade to any of the current plans.  Now if a new plan and a smoking deal comes up I will consider it but with summer and camping coming up I will like having this data available to me

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

pakmode

Great thread.

So far have been extremely satisfied with what I'm getting with PM.

When you look at where the prices are now for everything, this is a steal for the value and quality we are receiving. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Haven't looked back. Was on a grandfathered bell plan 500 Meg, which was good back in the day.now am paying lots less getting lots more. And happily helping others join PM, and in the community.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

For my wife and I it has been great, We were on a Rogers Share everything plan where we shared 2.5G of data a month for $110 and that is with a BYOD discount.  Now we have the 12GB over 90 days and don't use no where near that amount of data.  With autopay rewards referrals and Community rewards the most we have paid since joining is equivalent to  $66 a month and we get so much more data and have had nocoverage issues or dropped calls.  Another 6 months and we will both start getting an additional $1 a month for loyalty rewards!!

You look like a candidate for say a 2 or maybe 3 gig plan at less than $40 per month.  I have an account that I would downgrade the data for some $$ savings.  I am not one of those who find value in buying more than I need every month just in case there is the odd month where usage is abnormally high.  Gaps like that can be filled with a data add on. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

For my wife and I it has been great, We were on a Rogers Share everything plan where we shared 2.5G of data a month for $110 and that is with a BYOD discount.  Now we have the 12GB over 90 days and don't use no where near that amount of data.  With autopay rewards referrals and Community rewards the most we have paid since joining is equivalent to  $66 a month and we get so much more data and have had nocoverage issues or dropped calls.  Another 6 months and we will both start getting an additional $1 a month for loyalty rewards!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Doing fine.  I went from Wind 5 gigs/fair use policy for overage to average 4 gigs per month.  Actually, it is about the same for me because I don't always use the same amount of data month to month.  I certainly don't miss the anxiety of losing coverage when going indoors into large places like malls.  Now if only they would bring back the deal or have a deal with maybe 3 gigs of data for a lower price so that I can earn some more referral credits...  Cat Tongue

Acekiller

The coverage is a bit worse than Fido from where I live, and I missed my Canada wide calling, Spotify subscription and Extreme text messaging. 

However, I am paying less for more data, which is more important than the other stuff.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Im very happy. I was paying $60 at Koodo for canda wide calling and 2gb of data. Then i found out about PM and made the switch.

So i got double the data for a lot less for identical service. Province wide calling doesnt bother me that much, I rarely make phone calls as it is. Just happy i have more dataSmiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.