cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't let me update my credit card

lenwks
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card is close to expiring and I've been trying to add the new credit card to my subscription. For whatever reason, every time I try to update the credit card information ("Manage my Subscription"), I get the same message:  

OOPS! WE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR PROCESSING YOUR REQUEST.
There was an issue updating your card information at this time. Please try again later or reach out to support if the problem persists.

I get the same message when I try to add funds with my credit card. I've tried multiple cards and continue to get the same message, so it's certainly not the cards. 

Advice would be appreciated as I have a payment coming up in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Konor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same issue, was this problem solved?

lenwks

Yes Ive tried it on the app and in incognito mode as well. I think at this point I will need to wait until I hear back on the ticket.

@lenwks  And have you tried doing it on the app . Sorry if you already answered the at question too 

lenwks

When you update a card it forces you to type in ALL the information, including the number. I've done that and still get the same message. As mentioned elsewhere I also get the message when I use a completely different card 

@lenwks  Re type the actual card number  also not just the expiry date  like it’s a brand new credit card. And save 

lenwks

I have tried again and still get the same message. Yes, I'm using an accepted card; it's the same card as my originally linked card except obviously the new one with extended expression date. 

I've also started a ticket with PM.

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lenwks  If that's the case, I would contact a customer service agent at this point. Click here to submit a ticket to customer service: Submit a Ticket . Type "Ticket" in SIMon (chatbot) and follow prompt to create and submit a ticket to customer service. 

@lenwks wrote:

Though this is a newer card, I've activated and used it elsewhere. I also received the same message when I tried with my other cards.

This is likely a Public Mobile issue then @lenwks .

Has an hour past since your last attempt? If so, log into your account via an incognito tab.

edit, are you using an accepted payment card? Review here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/update-or-remove-your-payment-card 

lenwks

Though this is a newer card, I've activated and used it elsewhere. I also received the same message when I tried with my other cards.

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @lenwks ,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble updating your credit card on file. Wondering if the new card is the same card but with a new expiration date? If so, have you already activated the new card with your bank before trying to make a payment with it or update the card on file with PM for your subscription? I know I have forgotten to go online or call the bank to activate new cards in the past, and have then had a similar experience to what you describe. Hope this helps.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@lenwks  Wait an hour and try again on the new PM app instead . If issues persist submit ticket with support 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @lenwks 

just wait an hour first in case there is a lock already

then use Incognito/Private/secret mode to try update the card again

and before update the card, go to Profile, click pencil beside your name to confirm you have the correct address and postal code there.  Let us know if it helps

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lenwks - if you tried too many times you may have locked up your card with public mobile. Wait one hour before trying again. 

Then, when you do try again, open a tab in incognito/private mode if you are using a webbased browser.

Need Help? Let's chat.