cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this phone work on Public mobile?

Boffingham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just want to make sure that this phone will work on the Public mobile network before ordering it. Alcatel GO FLIP 4044V. the link is below. Thanks

Go Flip 4044 

8 REPLIES 8

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Boffingham Hello and welcome to our community. Yes, this phone will work fine with PM. Go for it. Stay safe and all the best😊

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Boffingham wrote:

Hi, I just want to make sure that this phone will work on the Public mobile network before ordering it. Alcatel GO FLIP 4044V. the link is below. Thanks

Go Flip 4044 

You’ve purchased a non-TELUS device and you’re likely wondering if it will work on the Public Mobile network. To confirm compatibility, your device:

1) should be listed as "compatible" via the IMEI checker*

2) is cell phone unlocked. If unsure, contact the originating carrier and/or manufacturer.

3) supports TELUS frequencies. TELUS deploys HSPA: 850/1900 MHz (UMTS); LTE: 700/850/1700 uplink (AWS)/2100 downlink/1900 MHz

4) is not reported lost or stolen. You can check the device IMEI against the National IMEI blacklist*

*Your IMEI is generally printed on the side of the original box or on a white sticker on the device under the battery. IMEI can also be found by entering *#06# into your phone app.

Next, review the following guide on how to program an access point into your phone for cellular data services. 

Public Mobile Runs on the Telus network so you can use their network as a reference. 

You can also check on the GET STARTED page if it is works. 

Have a phenomenal day! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Boffingham wrote:

Go Flip 4044 

Yes.  Atcatel Go Flip works with PM.  One of my PM accounts is using this phone.  It even works with MMS.  I sent a MMS photo to this phone as wall paper.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any Unlocked , or locked to Koodo, or Telus will work. Welcome to PM. Don't hesitate. To ask questions, get involved in PM commmunity.🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If it worked with telus and Koodo it will work here. The compatibility checker is not that reliable.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Boffingham Yep you should be good. Welcome to PM!

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Boffingham wrote:

Hi, I just want to make sure that this phone will work on the Public mobile network before ordering it. Alcatel GO FLIP 4044 V. the link is below. Thanks

Go Flip 4044 

You can go to this link to check: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

Then choose:

"First, check if your phone is compatible."

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Boffingham it says that it works with Telus and Koodo. Telus owns both PM and Koodo, and we a are all on the same network. It has both the required 3g and 4g LTE bands. So it will work here. Welcome to PM. Stay safe.

Need Help? Let's chat.