cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the OnePlus Nord CE2 Global (UK) version phone work with Public Mobile

GPs4evr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

According to the specs...the phone should work with all of Public Mobile bands/frequences so I was set on getting the phone.  However, I read this website disclaimer that stated that while there is a 100% tech match regarding compatibility, Public mobile could still disallow the phone on their network using IMEI ranges.  They say to contact Public Mobile support to confirm if it is "really" allowed on their network.   

Can anyone from Support confirm this?

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/oneplus-nord-ce-2-5g

4 REPLIES 4

GPs4evr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, the phone is the Global version is the Europe one...from the UK.  So I know that it is should work as it has all frequencies but that disclaimer about them IMEI ranges made me worried. 

I was hoping that a moderator could confirm too that the phone won't be a problem before I buy it.

Do they blacklist certain brands of phones or just one's that were reported stollen or lost?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GPs4evr 

The disclaimer is more directed to phones that are Blacklisted to avoid any legal problems.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GPs4evr 

I believe the PM "could still disallow phone on their network" is more for blacklisted phone

And this OnePlus Nord CE2 will work on PM

this is the spec of your phone  (BOLD are compatible bands) 

3G bands    HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
4G bands    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66 - Europe
                      1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 38, 39, 40, 41 - India

and PM uses these frequencies:

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

Not sure if your Global version is India or Europe variant, but Europe one will be better

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GPs4evr , you are good to go as long as the band compatibility is confirmed which is the case here.  

Need Help? Let's chat.