cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will public mobile also charge Credit Card Fee as Telus?

xianzitian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will public mobile also charge Credit Card Fee as Telus? Anybody got notification from public mobile?

18 REPLIES 18

@Polution  I think the system is working as it should be and Oracles have done great job for everyone.  I did see some posts moved for the benefit of everyone.

@Polution wrote:

@ShawnC13 

Excuse me what are you talking about. do you look like someone and care about others.

@Polution I have been told I look like my dad, so I guess I do look like someone.  Yes, I do care about others and try to help keep the community organized and civilized.  It is a very hard thing to do when some members create so many different accounts and like to cause issues and drama that affects the whole community.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Polution please slow down,

"that all them getting no way."  does not make any sense

Oracles in fact are doing a lot.  Everyday,  there are many nonsense and repeated posts.  Oracles spend lots of time moving them away to keep the Community useful.   As another member said earlier, those posts are wasting everyone's' time

Meet the Oracle team and show them your respect:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/meet-our-oracle-team

@Polution wrote:

@ShawnC13 

Why are you mad at me, do you know me? i don't know you?

@Polution not mad at you just tired of explaining the same things to all your different accounts that come in here and start asking the same questions to look like they are a new user in the community.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Polution 

Go to PublicMolbile.ca, Get Help, search Oracle 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-oracle-program

it is true that no where on the page says anything about Oracles get free service or Oracles work for PM

@Polution as we have told you when you post under your many other accounts Oracles do not work for PM if we did they owe me about 80K in salary for this year lol.

Some Oracles may have free service, just as any other customer can earn free service from hard work getting referrals and community rewards.

@LeePublic wrote:

@xianzitian I don't think PM will introduce the fee anytime soon because PM and Koodo are carriers which are targeted at people who are lower income. lower usage, students, seniors, budget minded, etc. It may come to Koodo Postpaid but not prepaid.

@LeePublic I think with PM recently going back to getting SIM's online (except for Telus retail locations) I think they are going back their roots of targeting customers who are techier and more self-sufficient that don't need the support offered at Koodo and Telus.

@Polution wrote:

that is call it wake up public mobile why not doing like telus. it's be not nice.

@computergeek541 

because you working with them and your service for free and you not care about other customer.

Sorry, but you are mistaken. Oracles do not receive free service. Also, Oracles do not work for Public Mobile.

@Polution wrote:

@xianzitian 

at announcements public mobile not bring any information about fees, why you bring this, not nice.

The customer is only asking a question. That's neither nice nor not nice.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@xianzitian 

So far tell us I said they have no intention of passing along the credit card fee to Koodo and public mobile customers. It is also very unlikely that prepaid customers would be charged these fees for pre-authorized payment.

Public Mobile has also long marketed itself as having no overages, extra billing or fees. It's doubtful that they would try to introduce a highly contentious credit card processing fee contrary to nearly a decade of marketing.

Also this is not a fait complet for telus at this point despite jumping the gun and sending out 30-day and 60 day notices to its customers. They are counting their eggs before they're hatched as the crtc is not due to rule on it until at least September 29th.

However public mobile does get to interpret their terms of service anyway they want to so anything could change and as long as they at least blow smoke signals indicating of a change in their current terms of service you have been notified. Unfortunately your terms of service are not as black and white or brown and beige as you think they're rather grey in matter.

Although it's probably best to believe the former rather than the latter in this post that's what I'm going with anyways but you have been forewarned that really anything can happen.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I sure hope they don't, if they do it sounds like visa debit and prepaid credit cards are safe? Or is that not the case, I am sure if it is, they will close that loophole fast to gouge those too.

thank you that is very helpful

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xianzitian I don't think PM will introduce the fee anytime soon because PM and Koodo are carriers which are targeted at people who are lower income. lower usage, students, seniors, budget minded, etc. It may come to Koodo Postpaid but not prepaid.

@not-trust-anyon wrote:

@computergeek541 

maybe you didn't not reading this Anybody got notification from public mobile?

That means in the future for any such possible charges.. Public Mobile is required to provide at least 30 days notice of such changes. Your previous response about how Public Mobile doesn't charge fees doesn't answer the customer's question.

@not-trust-anyon wrote:

@computergeek541 

we talk about now ,, your life for now not in future you know that well.

The customer wasn't asking about if Public Mobile charges an extra fee right now for credit card payments.

@not-trust-anyon wrote:

@xianzitian 

public mobile not charge fees.,

There isn't any way to know what Public Mobile will or won't do in the future.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@xianzitian hi there is no official word of Public pulling the same stunt at this time if it happens  will use visa debit I suppose 😀

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There has been no mention anywhere of this rip-off trickling down to here.

@not-trust-anyon- That's an assertion you can't possibly make.

Need Help? Let's chat.