cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will PM match Lucky mobile?

Brettster9902
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

IMG_3438.jpeg

 Because this would be killer and get a lot of people to sign up. I really want PM to match this deal @J_PM 

12 REPLIES 12

@Brettster9902   Thanks, but I'm not really a fan of promos that just last for a few months.  That's why PM still has slightly better plans as the price remains for as long as you're on their plans with some exceptions and privisos, of course.

Brettster9902

I do have a referral code for a total of $50 if PM doesn’t match and you do decide to switch

its for $5 off starting the second or third month. For 10 months 

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BKNS27 wrote:

No PM never match other carriers but Lucky plan is similar to PM $15 plan but in 3G.

I am sure they will in the future when 3G will be discontinued in Canada in 2025.

I think it's more like the PM $25 plan but $20 and 4G speed.

And note PM's "3G speeds" have nothing to do with a 3G network, they're just using marketing language to say "we slow it down". I certainly find it easier to describe to people as 5G, 4G, 3G, and 2G than 250Mbps, 100Mbps, 3Mbps, and 0.5Mbps. If I'm going to say "don't worry what the numbers mean", they might as well be 5, 4, 3, and 2. 🙂

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think it is very hard to kill the deal at the moment.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Brettster9902   Ooh, I like that plan!  I'd definitely switch to it if PM matched, in fact, if it wasn't for legacy rewards and some bought/freebie leftovers in My Account, I'd switch to Lucky for this one!

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Brettster9902 

No PM never match other carriers but Lucky plan is similar to PM $15 plan but in 3G.

I am sure they will in the future when 3G will be discontinued in Canada in 2025.

Seems new promos from PM comes up about every month.

Not entirely correct.

In past years - 2016 to 2021 - I've witnessed Public Mobile always being quick to respond to competing promos. That's even been the joke around here for years, that PM just copies whatever Lucky does instead of coming up with its own killer deals (like it used to).

They're obviously aware of this $20 1GB 4G plan now (or soon) because it's posted on this forum they own and operate. They might choose to respond with something similar or better - or hand out free add-on minutes/data gifts - to ensure their subscribers don't flock to Lucky. (Or they might choose to do nothing, as they do with increasing frequency these days.)

I've recently received 5123 SMS which people here have said is a targeted offer (to people with the $15 plan). Possibly an attempt to retain our "loyalty" with an even better deal than what Lucky is offering - but not for everyone, only for the customer segment that Public Mobile feels would be tempted away.

Brettster9902

Lol

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Brettster9902 

Seems new promos from PM comes up about every month.

Andy85

@Brettster9902 It's a very sweet deal! One of the best I've seen. Hopefully this sets a new pricing standard that competitors will feel pressured to match. Considering how low-key the Lucky Mobile offer is, and the fact that it is a temporary Black Friday sale, I am not confident that it will be matched. That said, you never know and it is good to revisit the Plan price points every now and then. 

P.S. If PM offers the $20 plan, it'll be thanks to you! haha

Brettster9902

It’s a very special thing LM did in partnership with Air canada. But I got the deal from red flag deals and I’m pretty sure it’s only a Black Friday sale. It’s very secret and it’s not on lucky mobiles site. You have to go to red flag deals and click on the url link there to get access. But it’s super easy and can be done instantly with ESim. 

Andy85

@Brettster9902 Is that a Black Friday promotion or a normal price of theirs?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Brettster9902 Only the magic 8 ball knows for sure. They have been matching other plans lately so fingers crossed.....

Need Help? Let's chat.