cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection

Jo56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone automatically switches to data instead of staying on wifi IN MY OWN HOUSE??? I don’t often notice. And now I’m getting a text saying I’m almost out of data, add more! 

5 REPLIES 5

Jo56

Thank you Community colleagues!

Cheers!

Jo56

I should have mentioned it happens on my laptop as well…wifi goes off and I have to manually reconnect even though it’s set to auto connect. 
it’s not my phone. 
But I guess I will have to turn off data when at home…something I never had to do with my old provider. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jo56   this could be a setting on the phone you should disable, Wifi Assist or Adaptive Wifi

But if you checked your usage history and found you are using data while you are in the house, please note that  PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day.  So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  So, your usage use see does not mean it was used that time but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

Also, for correct usage reading, always use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid reading cached old info.  Please check again on your My Account using that mode and see if any data left

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jo56  Just turn cell data off when  your at home , there are times when I’m at home and my in my detchaed garage and it jumps back and forth between wifi and cell data .. I. That case I turn data off so I can not worry about it 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Jo56 , do you have Wifi-Assist turned on in your phone settings? If it’s an iPhone go to Settings, Cellular, scroll down & disable Wi-Fi Assist. I have my data turned off when at home.

Edit: Also,Settings, General, under Background App Refresh I have it set to Wi-Fi (nothing else). I only have what is necessary to me running in background.

Sorry for typos!

Need Help? Let's chat.