cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi disconnected

agl2005
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

For almost 2 weeks Wi-fi has been disconnected.

I checked Settings numerous times, called my Internet Provider, went 3 times to Public Mobile sales booth, nothing has worked so far.

I got an email from Public Mobile about the use of 100% data, could it be the cause of Wi-fi disconnected?

Thanks.  

10 REPLIES 10

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Some phones will go directly to using cellular data if you lose a wifi connection.  If this is your concern, check your phone settings or search this on youtube to make sure it doesn't continue.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like you are confusing data with WiFi, WiFi is your internet and if connected you won't be using any of your PM data, so since you are out of Data you can wait until your next renewal and get an add on if you really need it, or if you need it immediately, you can reach out to a CSA and request an immediate renewal 

@agl2005 wrote:

Hi,

Will wait until the payment to see if reconnected with Wi-Fi.

Hi @agl2005   see if reconnected with Mobile Data  🙂

(Again, wifi are those you got from your home or free from restaurants, malls, etc)

Gunner123

@agl2005 

@agl2005 wrote:

Under Data and adds-on, just minutes are listed no mention of data.

So just wait until the monthly payment and Wi-Fi would be reconnected? 

Thanks again

@agl2005 your data will be connected then yes 😊 you can buy a data add on if needed to tide you over have a great day!

agl2005

Hi,

Will wait until the payment to see if reconnected with Wi-Fi.

Thanks

agl2005

Under Data and adds-on, just minutes are listed no mention of data.

So just wait until the monthly payment and Wi-Fi would be reconnected? 

Thanks again

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you have WiFi issues that is related to your phone or your home's router/modem. PM service does not affect your WiFi connection.

MrSpock

@agl2005 hi wifi and your public data are 2 different things you can check in your self serve account under data and addons if you don't see a line for data then it is all used up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@agl2005- WiFi has nothing to do with your mobile data (being used up - or not).

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Mobile data or cellular data is capped by your plan and any add-ons. Once all is used, it stops. Do you see any mentions of data under my data & add-ons on your account?

(wifi is not mobile/cellular data)

Need Help? Let's chat.