cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my legit post deleted?

saturna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday, I posted re my concerns about eversafe. The community came through and provided a, relatively obscure but working, solution for the main problem - access to the account without access to the according active SIM. I chose another member's post as a solution.

When I last checked the posts were all pertaining to a common problem here, and while my initial post voiced some of my frustration, it was in a civilized manner - I've definitely seen plenty of posts on here that were spiked with more rudeness and the op got away with it.

Today I find the whole thread deleted. Why??? No explanation, nothing. How can we get help (that's the point about this community, yes?) if questions are deleted without a trace?

If this is about IP address tracking: Yes, there is another community account occasionally posting from this device - it's inevitable if one manages more than one account and is forced to get support through a separate community account for each number. There was never ever some "ilicit" bravoing or solution picking between the two.

So, let's see how this one stays up.

8 REPLIES 8

@saturna  I didn’t say that of course you deserve to be helped . I asked if your account is working all services . If not we can try to help to advise . If all is working fine . Then what’s the issue 

saturna

@Handy1 wrote:

@saturna  I do understand the entire post is gone . But is your account working now ? All services work talk text data ? 

Wow. So it's ok and I don't deserve to be helped. I just have to hope that I never ever have any problems with this account again?1?

Logging out of this - it's not worth my time and energy. 

@saturna  I do understand the entire post is gone . But is your account working now ? All services work talk text data ? 

saturna

You don't get what I'm saying: There is zero trace of my thread ever being there.

Simply put if legitimate posts are censored, help can't be obtained via community. Yes, there is the ever repeating "do I lose my $ if I switch plans" type of questions that are staying up. But I'm not allowed to voice my concerns about account access?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's a good question. If something goes off topic then that part usually ends up in the lounge. If there's some disagreement (happens) then sometimes those are removed. But I don't usually see whole threads removed. That has not been what we see from oracles either. This seems to be just brute deletion from an agent or employee. Maybe that's what happened here. If so then there won't be any explanation. They can do whatever they want. It's their place.

@saturna  Only a oracle or support can tell you why it was removed . Even then I don’t think and explanation has to be given as they are just doing there job . And my point about getting help is in community is simple you able to sign into post to get help . With any issue you may be having 

saturna

Well, I'd want to know that reason. There was nothing wrong, or against the ToS, with the whole thread of 26 posts (when I checked it last). 

The only thing I can think of is that I was pointing out flaws in the system that are not really increasing account safety but, under certain circumstances, ensure that people lose their accounts. 

Edit: and I disagree - if I'm not allowed to ask specific questions re account access I can't get help.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@saturna  Either a oracle or CSA agent removed it for some reason or another . This can just sometimes happen with out explanation . But the one who removed usually has a good reason to do so . Or it wouldn’t have been removed in the first place . Nothing personal . We have all had it  happen  at some time or another . Really nothing to worry about . You can still access community for help and that’s the main thing 

Need Help? Let's chat.