cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why shows 3G

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My friend just joined PM today and she is using 4G speed $35/mons plan , but it shows 3G on her phone (see the picture below) , don’t why? Is it suppose showing 4G?

877D3381-D63D-4CFE-B0BE-94DFCBC97ABE.jpeg

19 REPLIES 19

Lehaha

Thanks, I will ask you if she needs 

I appreciate it that you and all the other friends’ help 👍

Lehaha

I just asked her, she didn’t have volte yet, I will update if she got it, thanks 

@popping wrote:

@dust2dust wrote:

@popping- Where are you getting 2 weeks from? As mentioned, it's Feb 22.

You are correct.   I lost count.  It seems like 2 weeks already.  PM community needs someone to keep the number correct.  haha...

@LitlLdy wrote:

@dust2dust wrote:

@dust2dust , some missed Ops 1st sentence in post where friend just joined PM today! I wonder if it takes time for account to be fully activated with some things?

@LitlLdy 

A "Newly activated PM account" was my conclusion too until OP provided more info.

The existing accounts need to wait for PM SMS.  Sorry.

@popping ,  I fixed my wording! What I meant was In this post that @Lehaha created it says “My friend just joined PM today” so I wondered if it would take her account/service time to be fully activated with some things? Example: VoLTE. Which supposedly the provisioning of VoLTE service is done for new activations as of February 22!

Sorry if I don’t write my words/sentences sometimes to make sense! It’s not intentional. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dust2dust wrote:

You are correct.   I lost count.  It seems like 2 weeks already.  PM community needs someone to keep the number correct.  haha...

@LitlLdy wrote:

@dust2dust wrote:

@dust2dust , some missed Ops 1st sentence in post where friend just joined PM today! I wonder if it takes time for account to be fully activated with some things?

@LitlLdy 

A "Newly activated PM account" was my conclusion too until OP provided more info.

The existing accounts need to wait for PM SMS.  Sorry.

@dust2dust wrote:

@dust2dust , some missed Ops 1st sentence in post where friend just joined PM today! I wonder if it takes time for a “new account” to be fully activated with some things? Example: VoLTE. Where the provisioning of VoLTE service is done for new activations as of February 22! Then once it is her calls will stay on LTE & not drop to 3G anymore!

Edit: to make my words more clear!

popping

@Lehaha wrote:

So after 2weeks she can get volte?

NO.  If she did not activate her account with last 2 weeks, she need to wait for her turn to have her VoLTE activated.

popping

@softech wrote:

@Lehaha 

On your iPhone,

go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options and tap Enable LTE

or Settings > Mobile Data and tap Enable LTE.

If your see this option, enable itt

• Voice & Data: Allows voice calls and cellular-data use over LTE 

I am using a new iPhone 12 from last December. 

My spouse is using an older iPhone X.

Both iPhones do not show the extra line with the enable VoLTE.button.

But the LTE icon on the right side of the mobile signal bar does not changed to 3G during a voice call.

I updated my iPHone 12 to iOS 16,4 a couple days ago, the enable VoLTE button is not showing at Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options

popping_0-1677990308539.png

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha , make sure she updates her iPhone to the latest software 16.4

To change cellular to LTE from 3G go to Settings, Cellular, Cellular Data Options, Voice & Data, LTE. If VoLTE is activated on her account calls will stay on LTE during phone calls but if not it drops to 3G during calls.

Edit: If she has any issues with calling ask her to reset her Network Settings. Then phone will reboot. If you need to know how ask & I will type it here for you.

Where she just activated with Public Mobile today give it a couple days. 🙂

I have the iPhone 14 Pro. I can give a little info on how to do some things on iPhone but I’m not expert 😉

@dust2dust wrote:

The date was actually about a month ago when we started to see mentions of volte. A cut off that has been mentioned is Feb 22. Activations after that will enable volte if the phone supports it. Current customers have to hope that Telus will anoint their device with the special sauce even though the customer already knows their phone can do volte.

The provisioning of VoLTE service is done for new activations as of February 22 regardless of device VoLTE compatibility.

The date was actually about a month ago when we started to see mentions of volte. A cut off that has been mentioned is Feb 22. Activations after that will enable volte if the phone supports it. Current customers have to hope that Telus will anoint their device with the special sauce even though the customer already knows their phone can do volte.

@Lehaha wrote:

New activations within the past month would get VoLTE enabled accounts right away.  Existing customers (accounts activated more than a month ago) will have to wait for the ongoing VoLTE rollout.  Customers generally get a text notification when VoLTE is activated in their account.  

Lehaha

popping

@Lehaha wrote:

She is using iPhone 11, but doesn’t know to chang it, steps please 

iPhone 11 sold in Canada should support VoLTE.

I she did not activate her account within last 2 weeks, she have to wait for PM VoLTE SMS and restart her iPhone.

@Lehaha 

On your iPhone,

go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options and tap Enable LTE

or Settings > Mobile Data and tap Enable LTE.

If your see this option, enable itt

• Voice & Data: Allows voice calls and cellular-data use over LTE 

Lehaha

She is using iPhone 11, but doesn’t know to chang it, steps please 

popping

@Lehaha 

Thank you for letting the community know about your friend's issue.

If your friend has a phone which supports VoLTE calling, make sure to restart her/his phone and test it again.

Which phone your friend is using with PM service?

Update 1: Newly activated PM account should have the VoLTE function activated as long as your friends phone supports VoLTE.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lehaha PM is using 3G for voice .  When making phone calls, you will see it change to 3G

However PM is enabling VoLTE and will using LTE for voice for compatible devices.   What phone your friend is using?  brand and model ?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Go into the settings and change to 4G/LTE if the phone supports it.

Gee..if the phone supports it...not if the company deems the phone worthy of it.

Need Help? Let's chat.