cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't the community part of the app?

Kel_varnsen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the PM app and I like it. But why isn't the community message board built right into the app. Instead when. You click on the link for community it launches my web browser. Considering that the community is an important part of PM I would have thought it would have been included as part of the app.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Kel_varnsen 

but unless you need to open ticket, Chatbot might not be too useful anyway.  Post a message here, you get better answer than from the Chatbot  🙂

Kel_varnsen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok so I get that it is a different system but you can't even launch the chatbot from the app or put in a support ticket without it opening a browser. Doing a ticket is probably the most useful thing the app could do.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

The forum software is from a third party, whereas I suspect the PM app was built in-house. Licencing probably wouldn't allow it anyway, but to be honest the app barely functions as it is; the last thing I'd want is to roll in even more features that could bring it all down. In theory I like the idea of an all-in-one app, but history tells me it would be a terrible implementation. I'm glad we have an app at all though, and it can only improve. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kel_varnsen App is for managing one's own Public Mobile account. Community is for getting support. One doesn't need to be a Public Mobile customer to be a Community member.

I'd prefer our My Accounts/APP is working with the least finicky of issues; folding in the Community to the app would make me a bit nervous on how that would all be linked and worked together, JMHO.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kel_varnsen , I am guessing because the platform for the community is not a home brew and it would take lots more effort to roll into the app.  I would assume eventually, the app will become all inclusive in some way.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kel_varnsen 

I guess mainly because Community is a 3rd party software Khoros and I would assume they don't have the proper app feature yet

Use the browser on the phone, it is as easy as good  🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kel_varnsen  It is sort of it brings you to community . There two different systems with same log in now . So all is good with your service . No issues ? Anything you need help with ? 

Need Help? Let's chat.