cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my phone on emergency calls only

TM10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my phone is always payed through pre authorized payments.  Missed one as my card happenned to be full, payed it down and then proceeded to pay manually, I also made a subscription change which should begin at the start of my next billing cycle one month from now.  The problem is that my phone is always on emergency calls only.  Sometimes it goes back to normal and I can make a call, but right away it reverts back to emergency calls only.  I've tried turnong on and off airplane mode followed by a restart, which worked twice, but presently, it is just not working.  Anybody had an experience like this

5 REPLIES 5

Cbutlernl

Hello,

I'd like to pass along this option in diagnosing your issue. If you goto the phone dialer and type *#06# it will display the phones IMEI number. Essentially it's unique serial number.  Write that down or copy and paste it to this website.  https://imeicheck.com/imei-blacklist-check 

Hopefully this will come back with a result that will rule out the possibility of your mobile device being blacklisted . This is more common in devices that were purchased second hand. But thought it would be helpful information for you.

Have a great day.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TM10 

Try resetting the Network setting and see if that helped but you need to re-enter your home wifi if you have one.

gmcgowan90

My kid had the happen, I looked it up, and it was a simple restart of the phone. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @TM10 

Open the app and see if your plan is active. Go to the payment section and confirm that auto pay is set up. You may need to move the toggle over as a non payment can turn it off. Also, try rebooting the phone. If that doesn't work, try taking out the SIM card, reboot the phone and try putting it back in again. 

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

look like the phone not connected to the network properly.  You have an active plan?? what phone you have?? Try sim on another phone first

Need Help? Let's chat.