cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Public mobile horrible? Human customer service non-existent?

MF44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So last night I switch over to Public mobile, I went to switch over my old number from my old provider. While it did say it would take some time to port over, after activating my account via the mobile app after inserting my new sim. After a few hours I tried to make an outgoing call because I noticed I had service bars & it worked fine, but could never receive any calls. Still all day today samething completely unable to receive any incoming calls just go straight to my voicemail without any ringing on my device? I spent all day trying to contact customer service and that was a ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE! I understand this is a pre paid service & not expected quality but ATLEAST Functionality! I tired multiple times over multiple hours to try and get ahold of any kind of human contact thru public mobiles customer service help chat. I tried to issue hundreds of separate tickets today to start contact with a human customer service representative but to no avail! I was meet was multiple reprompts to sign in again even when I’m already trying to access help while logged into their mobile app only to be meet with error after error message! Or it loading for 10 to 15 minutes while on my wifi at my home or trying to use my system provider data? I am disabled too and to have to type all this with one arm all day was annoying & incredibly frustrating! This provider provides no accessibility or accountability to or for its customers and I’m only been a customer for a whole day and night! I will be cancelling my plan immediately!!! Truly disgusted & disappointed a company can call that any kind of customer service at all & TELUS should feel shame to even have such a bad company under their umbrella!

9 REPLIES 9

@MCox2024 all businesses try to use Chatbot on the website to reduce number of help ticket 

but did you try what suggested above?? use direct message to open ticket?? less trouble and no AI

and if you messaged support already, check y7ru community inbox where support will reply there

MCox2024

This is quite possibly the WORST customer service out there. Relying on automated AI chatbots is fine for some problems but there should always be a way to EASILY contact a person to resolve issues. This is prompting me to consider switching to another cellular provider. 

juliefzh

after found out there's no way to speak to a person real time, now I'm thinking to switch back to 711speakout. At least you can CALL the customer service.

christian9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Send a message to CS_Agent, an employee will respond. It's a dm system unfortunately, not real time chat. I didn't have service for two weeks and went through 3 customer service agents. Eventually I got another Sim and it solved my issue, but your problem sounds like something on their end.

@MF44   Did @BKNS27 not send you the phone number to call for the porting team, it would be in your community inbox, either envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for a drop down with Messages.  If it's not there post back and I will send it to you.  Unfortunately you got caught up in the chatbot/ticket system malfunction.  Except for certain porting issues where there's a number to call, it's safest to use the private message system here. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

MF44

YES I’ve done everything as instructed by public! I understand the 90 minute critical window, that would have been weds night, it’s now earlier Friday morning still nothing. Why am I getting responses from other customers? How can I talk to an employee here this is ridiculous? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MF44 

Sure sounds like you neglected to complete the necessary steps for porting a number from one provider to another.

The steps are user-driven, not the responsibility of the mobile service providers.

Since you paid for the first month of service, you may as well stick around for 30 days since there's no refunds.

Perhaps spend the 30 days looking for a mobile service provider with the perks you require for moving there.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MF44 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the porting.

Did you reply with YES with your old SIM in your phone confirming you are porting over to PM? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply to this critical step to complete the porting?

If you did, reboot your phone.

If not, I will pm you the Porting department number to complete the porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.