cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While away from home area code, unable to dial Bell 416 number, but can dial other 416 numbers

erotavlas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was trying to call Bell support and used their 416 number 416 310 BELL because I'm still in my home province (Ontario) but it disconnects me saying I don't have a long distance plan.  I had to use their 1 866 number instead.

I'm currently away from my home area code of 416 (still in province) and I am able to dial other 416 numbers no problem, I've called my home number yesterday and today with no problems, and I tried several 416 business numbers today just to check and I'm able to get through no problem. 

I have the 12GB promo plan from last year with Province wide calling (no long distance add ons)

So what's up with the 416 Bell number?

5 REPLIES 5

@paulie wrote:

Why would you call Bell ?    Their products are over priced. !  Can I say that ? 

That being said, if you are still in Ontario you should be able to call any 416 number and it should work.

I agree.  To help OP out, I tried dialing the number.  It worked.  But now I feel icky all over. 

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why would you call Bell ?    Their products are over priced. !  Can I say that ? 

That being said, if you are still in Ontario you should be able to call any 416 number and it should work.

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Pretty sure you don't use an area code or 1 when dialing 310 numbers.

its PM blocking its competitors 😉

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Maybe that Bell number is special, because i think there is 905 310 BELL too

Need Help? Let's chat.