cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's that post?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Did someone accidentally remove the most recent post titled "Am I out of luck?"

You can see the replies to the original post under "Latest Posts", but the orginal post is now gone or hidden.

It's the Access Denied scenario:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

21 REPLIES 21

@LovesToPM  Finally an answer!

@LovesToPM  Either The OP reposted minus the phone number or maybe the 2 moderators monitoring the spam quarantine released it as promised.

@darlicious It's not my post that went missing.

It's was the OP's post that went poof. In any case, it's all back now.

Did someone intervene or was it automatic? No idea.

@LovesToPM  You would have to cover the phone number in the screenshot but your original post should be in your unmoderated items. Is it not? That would be a mystery as to where it disappeared.

Oh wait...i get it the OPs post disappeared? Not yours....maybe the OP just completely removed it and reposted .

@darlicious wrote:

@LovesToPM  The only way to post the original at the moment is to take a screenshot and post that. Although @Tiana_V said they are to be released....i haven't had one disappear since then to test out that theory.

I don't have the orginal post. I didn't quote it cause it seemed quite lengthy and had his phone number on it. Maybe @dabr still has it sitting on this screen.

@LovesToPM  The only way to post the original at the moment is to take a screenshot and post that. Although @Tiana_V said they are to be released....i haven't had one disappear since then to test out that theory.

@will13am @Luddite 

That seems to be a reasonable explanation.

If I recall correctly, the orginal post was pretty lengthy.

And if OP was trying to edit his number out as well... Poof, that's it?

p.s. I hope PM gets a discount for using Khoros.

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am  C'mon....you should be loving it...its forced me to use well defined paragraphs. No more walls of text! I've managed to go a whole week without having a single post disappear!

My PTSD triggers cause immediate skipping of novel sized posts.  Smiley Tongue

@Luddite wrote:

There's a rumour that attempting to edit a post several times will cause it's removal. It's a strange one. We'll need the special equipment to discern the source.

Protection from SIMon's bad vibesProtection from SIMon's bad vibes

I did edit the OP to remove the phone number.  That edit was accepted by the system.  Maybe someone else also edited the OP and tried to save it a second time. 

@Luddite wrote:

There's a rumour that attempting to edit a post several times will cause it's removal. It's a strange one. We'll need the special equipment to discern the source.

That's quite a fetching headgear! 

I've had many posts disappear because of editing too quickly (I think), but in this instance there was no editing involved.  The system wouldn't allow me to post, which is okay as long as OP got to see some of the other posts with suggestions for his issue, hopefully.

@will13am  C'mon....you should be loving it...its forced me to use well defined paragraphs. No more walls of text! I've managed to go a whole week without having a single post disappear!

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

#censorship!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/poof-the-magic-dragon-disappearing-post-b... @LovesToPM  So I can practice using the permalink you can read about my update..... or I've messed it up already...so frustrating that i just cant get this.....

Looks like I can link today I just can't hide it yet...heres to hoping it will eventually click!

@LovesToPM   I've had posts disappear in all different ways. The spam filter has been allowed to indiscreminently "filter" posts unfettered and as a result the most innocent of posts can get caught up in it. It's going to take some time to teach it some manners and get it to do its job properly.

@darlicious still strange. The original post was up for at least 3 minutes, then it was gone.

Yes your link works fine lol.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected @LovesToPM  Welcome to the exclusive "quarantine" club. You have caught the *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug. You may want to search that to see what has been written on the subject including my recent update on the matter. Let's see if I can successfully give you your personal link to "my unmoderated items". Here's hoping for success at the above link...but be patient I might have to try again.

Edit: Looks good on my end...does it work for you?

@LovesToPM wrote:

It's also possible a Moderator or Oracle accidentally flipped a switch.

I know the OP has posted his phone number. Someone might have meant to edit it out.

Yes that's possible, hopefully OP was able to see the responses via email.

It's also possible a Moderator or Oracle accidentally flipped a switch on it.

I know the OP has posted his phone number. Someone might have meant to edit it out.

Or yes it could be a glitch. Here's the original URL (recovered from my email)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Am-I-out-of-luck/m-p/488513

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LovesToPM wrote:

Did someone accidentally remove the most recent post titled "Am I out of luck?"

You can see the replies to the original post under "Latest Posts", but the orginal post is now gone or hidden.

@LovesToPM  Yes something definitely happened!  I wasn't even able to post my response to it (it's sitting in the draft, but cannot post).  Then I noticed you and others had responded but can't access it from there either.  Just another PM glitch:)

Need Help? Let's chat.