cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does usage reset

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My plan was to renew overnight and I had tons of data left, because I'm not used of my new 4.5 Gb plan yet Smiley Very Happy, so I was trying to use it up by streaming until midnight. When I was in my self serve today I see there is already significant data usage this month so I assume the data counter resets at midnight eastern time not local time; does anyone know? 

8 REPLIES 8

I've done a lot of streaming music on the lowest setting for Spotify, and it doesn't take a lot of data at all.  The quality is still very good over wired headphones (I've got a nice pair of Sony's on-ear cans), and via ead bud bluetooth wireless.  

jp2

Agreed video takes up way to much data but streaming music seems to be possible with 4.5 Gb. Now if only google play music would run audio ads instead of video ads 

@jp2 wrote:

Thanks.

Yes, I realize it doesn't make sense to waste data but I thought it would give me an idea how much steaming will use. I just upgraded from the 500 mb plan and had only used 450mb this month. 

@will13am for your reference my payment came out at 02:26 local time last night 

I think 480p video uses about 200ish Mbytes/hour.  Realistically, there's no wireless data plan that supports video streaming.  I would call it watching video clips.  

jp2

Thanks.

Yes, I realize it doesn't make sense to waste data but I thought it would give me an idea how much steaming will use. I just upgraded from the 500 mb plan and had only used 450mb this month. 

@will13am for your reference my payment came out at 02:26 local time last night 

@jp2

On the day of my last payment/renewal, my usage reset at midnight EST and then payment was taken out sometime over night (with available fund in my balance).  I just monitored for that one payment date though....  It could vary.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a close look at my usage and found that I used very little data. I was paying for 6gb. I once went over. That was from using hotspot. Now I have the add-on. Use it as I go along.

Why pay for something you're not using only to hurriedly try to use it in a pointless effort?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

For my accounts, the payments and renewal seem to happen around 2:00am eastern time.  I would imagine the data counter resets then as well.  It's a little crazy to try and force use the data ahead of a renewal.  This would be like doing unnecessary work.  The way to increase data usage is to use the phone more often throughout the 30 period.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jp2 wrote:

My plan was to renew overnight and I had tons of data left, because I'm not used of my new 4.5 Gb plan yet Smiley Very Happy, so I was trying to use it up by streaming until midnight. When I was in my self serve today I see there is already significant data usage this month so I assume the data counter resets at midnight eastern time not local time; does anyone know? 

Everything is centred around eastern time anyway. But the resets seem variable overnight. Also the reporting of the usage could be delayed.

Need Help? Let's chat.