cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the data bonus start or activate once autopay is set up during initial SIM activation

riller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was wondering if the 250 MB bonus data (on $15 plan) will start on right away if I activate autopay during activation? Or perhaps it starts on the 2nd month?

6 REPLIES 6

@riller wrote:

Only thing is when data is used up, they shouldn't remove the data line info in the profile. It should say something like 250/250 MB  used. So at least people know it's used up for that month and not totally missing from the account. 

@riller  I agree with this 100%. For the Plan Data and Plan Limited Minutes - YES!

Addons, of course, once used up are gone, so leaving the statement like below, makes sense:

"If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use."

riller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments.  It's good to hear that the 250 MB data bonus is included with or without enabling autopay.  Maybe a bug in the system.  But anyway it's always good to enable autopay cause of the $2 additional reward, so it makes perfect logic.

Yes 250 MB goes fast, but I only need it for Waze GPS.  I have setup a firewall that blocks everything except Waze and use about 3-7 MB per workday so it's plenty.   Purchasing the 1 GB data add-on is good for emergencies in case need more than 250 MB and it doesn't expire until the data is used up.

All is great. Only thing is when data is used up, they shouldn't remove the data line info in the profile. It should say something like 250/250 MB  used. So at least people know it's used up for that month and not totally missing from the account. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@riller wrote:

Was wondering if the 250 MB bonus data (on $15 plan) will start on right away if I activate autopay during activation? Or perhaps it starts on the 2nd month?

@riller 

Little tidbit for you...for the $15 plan you don't even need Autopay enabled to receive your 250MB.

NOTE: it can go quickly, so only enable data when needed.

IF data is not working, check to see the data line shows up in your overview in your Self Serve account. If it does not show up, you have used it all up.

If data has never worked, perform a reset of your network settings, and check your APN settings. For Android phones try editing to this.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/what-you-should-do-after-activating

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

softech
Oracle
Oracle

$15 plan has 250 MB bonus with or without Autopay (it said required Autopay, but this is the only plan that PM give you the bonus data even without Autopay setup).  So, after you activated the $15 plan, you will see the 250 MB data

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@riller It starts right away. Login to your self-serve account and it should show up in the add-ons section. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@riller wrote:

Yes it starts right away.

In fact, for that particular plan, the 250 bonus will be there to use even if autopay is not activated!

Need Help? Let's chat.