cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I call a stranger, it shows that my number is a company name

fymaysnow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like Subject,When I call a stranger, it shows that my number is a company name.

Why?And how can i change?How do I display my original phone number when I call a stranger?

6 REPLIES 6

CHCM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

je pense à toi...

@kav2001c wrote:

@computergeek541Telus actually started name display

But I am skeptical this is OPs issues, it sounds far more likely issue with person he is calling

I know that name display has started for incoming calls.  I am doubting if they are sending the information when we call out.   But agree with you;  it sounds to me as if the person might have some software installed that is searching the internet for caller information.

@computergeek541Telus actually started name display

But I am skeptical this is OPs issues, it sounds far more likely issue with person he is calling

I do not believe Telus branded carriers even broadcast the "name display" information in the outgoing direction.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I do know that works in the incoming direction.

There are some apps  on some cell phones that use your internet connection to search a database for caller information.  If that's the case, it wouldnt' be Public Mobile providing that information to the developer of that software app, so you would have to contact that app developer to correct the database.

If you find out that Public Mobile does in fact send outgoing name/company information during an outgoing call, the moderators will need to make a correction to the text string entry that is being sent.  Rogers used to allow customers to manually change this in the self-serve accounts.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@fymaysnow, that is a rather strange behavior.  I suggest contacting the moderator team and having them look at this.  They are the only ones that can do something about this.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fymaysnow 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to fix that up for you or you can go to your phone turn off Show my caller ID if you're using iPhone.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.