cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen to my add-ons and Public Rewards when I switch to a new plan?

nathfreder1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on the old Public Rewards program and have some data add-ons saved up. If I switch to a new 4G plan, will I lose access to my add-ons and legacy rewards?

On the plan change page, there is a disclaimer as follows:

> Your new subscription will take effect on your next renewal date and you won’t be charged until then. This change replaces any other future-dated plan changes. After changing your plan, your current promotions will no longer be valid. Additionally, data add-ons associated with your current subscription may become incompatible if you change your subscription.

4 REPLIES 4

MajorTalent
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same concern. It sounds like our grandfathered Loyalty reward system will not be affected, but can the same be said as an official guarantee for the:

- Promo/ Holiday Giveaway/ one-time data bonus
or the
- Intl Long Distance/ Holiday Giveaway (Incl Canada & US) Promo/ one-time bonus minutes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same concern. It sounds like our grandfathered Loyalty reward system will not be affected, but can the same be said as an official guarantee for the:

- Promo/ Holiday Giveaway/ one-time data bonus
or the
- Intl Long Distance/ Holiday Giveaway (Incl Canada & US) Promo/ one-time bonus minutes?

@nathfreder1 wrote:

I am on the old Public Rewards program and have some data add-ons saved up. If I switch to a new 4G plan, will I lose access to my add-ons and legacy rewards?

On the plan change page, there is a disclaimer as follows:

> Your new subscription will take effect on your next renewal date and you won’t be charged until then. This change replaces any other future-dated plan changes. After changing your plan, your current promotions will no longer be valid. Additionally, data add-ons associated with your current subscription may become incompatible if you change your subscription.

Esjlive is correct that add-ons and rewards won't be affected by a change to a 4G plan. However, when switching to a 5G plan, domestic data add-ons become unusable.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nathfreder1  - you should not lose your addons or legacy rewards if you switch plans. This is new wording, and I don't blame you for guessing it may affect something. If you are very cautious about it, submit a ticket with CSA. 

Hopefully, the wording gets softer on this.

just DON"T upgrade to Public Points and you will be fine.

Need Help? Let's chat.