cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen if porting fails?

jqian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Let's say I got a PM number activated and now start to porting from another carrier, say Bell.

For whatever the reason, porting fails and now I'm waiting for some human intervention.

What is my status? Is my PM number still working? Is my old Bell number still working? Can I back out the porting process and pretend nothing had happened at all so I still have two working numbers, one is PM one is Bell?

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jqian , the situation you describe where you take a new number upon activation of the Public Mobile service and do a number port afterwards, a failed port is the same as no port.  If you don't take intervention and have the port resubmitted, the old service would continue as if nothing happened and the Public Mobile service should continue to function with the original number.  

shorty1

if you port your number and you put your public mobile sim card in your phone it should work. its supposed to cancel your account with bell

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

In the scenario you describe both SIMs will likely continue working. 
Sadly, you could be one of the few to have no service on either until the port-in gets sorted. 
In either case, you would open a ticket with the moderators to reset your port/account. 
I've never encountered an issue with the 7 accounts I have helped join but still recommend reading: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014/highlight/true...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@jqian 

As soon as you reqest porting, that number replaces the number that you had at Public Mobile.  If porting has failed, you have (I believe) 30 days to take corrective action, at which tine Public Mobile will force you to take a new phone number. Until porting is complete,all incoming phone calls and incoming text messages from non-Telus customers will still go to your Bell service.

shorty1

first when you open an account with pm its asking if you want keep the same number you had with previous provider. if you did that and it failed you can send private messages to moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.