cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time do the 10 day USA addons expire?

BEST
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I get the USA roaming addon at 2pm August 10 will the addon expire August 20 at 2pm or at 11:59pm?

4 REPLIES 4

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As mentioned above the plans expire at midnight eastern time zone & are 10 calendar days (with the first day a partial day from time of purchase until midnight that same day).

The other aspect is that the add on starts immediately on the '2nd' step (add funds 1st then 2nd step is to 'buy' the plan & it starts right away & can't delay the start to the next day or next week etc). So best time to buy is in the morning as you are leaving. 

In my case i was going to USA for 12 days.

I knew the close to border areas really well & given that we usually leave late morning I figured I'd buy it on the morning of next day (or super late after midnight).  That way it would last for the 10 days I was farthest from Canada (& the "full USA days" not the partial day I left or returned).

TIPS: 

- you can download you trip into google maps before you leave so u use less data

- it's a 2 step process (1. add funds, then 2. select & buy add on)

- it starts the day you buy it (so do it real late -after midnight or next morning)

- changes to your route or if going far -you can use hotel or free wifi to update/ download new maps/ route areas.

- the connection should occur automatically once you loose PM signal - your phone should auto search & connect to USA provider (ATT i think)

Experience:

- we travelled for 12 days, 10 of which we had the add on & didn't use that much data. (In fact listened to streaming radio on last day).  But we did updates/ search routes in hotel using wifi (or coffee shop etc).

- connections were usually great (except in rural areas of Utah/ etc) & good the the Disneyland app.

@BEST, yes you will need to purchase it on the 11 of Aug if you want to use it through the day of the 20th.

A VERY IMPORTANT TIP

Purchasing addons is a 2 step process the first "purchase" charges your credit card and puts money into available funds.  You then need to go and "re-purchase" your addon, as it will then take the money from the available funds.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BEST
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I want to be able to use the addon until 10 PM August 20 should I get the addon on August 11?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@BEST, it will expire 1200 AM (EST) Aug 20.  The best way to think of it is the addon is 10 Calendar days from when you purchase and the date of purchase is day one.  Not 10-24 hour days from time of purchase.

ETA:  Times are Eastern that is an important thing to remember.  If you are west coast it would expire 9 PM Aug 19

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.