cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the current turnaround time looking like?

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just curious what the approximate turnaround time is for help requests?  I ported my mom's number over on Wednesday night, and everything except incoming calls is working now.  Sent a message to the mods about 28 hours ago, and still not fixed.

@Mary_M and crew, any idea what kind of turnaround time we're looking at on average for folks without service right now?

22 REPLIES 22

WearySky

Mine was resolved - the 72 hours was around noon, yesterday (I just wasn't around a computer to update this thread :))

peety6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Sorry to hear that @WearySky.

My account finally got corrected last night and my phone is now fully functional! Hope your issue gets resolved soon.

WearySky

Final follow-up - it was just over 72 hours for one of the mods to finally get to me.  I'm guessing the mad rush of activations at the last minute led to a bunch more traffic with the mods, I should have waited a few days before trying to port my mom's account over 🙂

And of course, my issue was a result of user error (as most porting issues are).  The Rogers account # my mom had given me was her internet/TV account number, which is a separate account from her mobile account #.  And had the port failed entirely I would have suspected something along those lines, but the weird thing was that she was able to receive incoming texts from me, and the only thing not working was incoming calls.  

Ahh well.  Looking forward (as I'm sure the mods are) to things slowing down round these parts again! 😛

Danoishan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
It's day 4 no service for me

WearySky
Coming up on 72 hours now. 😕

Danoishan
Getting close to 72 hours soon with no service and emails sent out to all mods in full detail, but with no response for about the same time

peety6
I've been waiting since Monday... 100+hours 😛

I'm glad I have another phone to use in the meantime..

WearySky
50+ hours and counting now... 😞

WearySky
And if any mods are reading this thread (retagging @Mary_M just in case the thread was read already and ignored because I marked as solved and then unmarked) - my sister just told me that even though my texts from my PM account are going through ok, my sister's texts from her Rogers account are not.

WearySky
Aaaand I stand corrected. Turns out her text to me was an attempt to ask if it was working, not to tell me it was working. Boooo. Hopefully the mods get her sorted out tomorrow.

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am in the same situation, still waiting for response from Shazia, almost 48 hours now. Everything started to working this morning, but no access to selfserve to check the plan and add add-ons. 

mmelchiorre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm close to 48 hrs.  I have PM'd Shazia 4 times with all the info but my messages remain unread.

Suchee
Same for me...from freedom yesterday I activated Sim, ported, waited 45 min, full bars came on.

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's weird, I have been a part of 3 portings and all have taken 5 - 15 minutes. Mind you all have been from Bell/Virgin if that makes a difference.

peety6

I've been waiting since Monday ... on Wednesday my number was semi-ported but not fully (text not working and I as a result, can not access online account).

Danoishan
I successfully activated my accout yesterday morning and got the confirmation email. But now I've been waiting ever since to get service. My freedom mobile sim card stopped working an hour after I got activated with public mobile. So I'm guessing the number porting is moving really slow now. But I emailed the moderators as well yesterday afternoon and just trying my best to patiently wait with no service and jumping WiFi to WiFi to check up on work

GY8888

I have the same problem, but worse - with also no incoming texts, and not just no incoming calls. And it's coming on 24 hours since I had ported my old number over from 7-Eleven Speakout. I posted on the Forum and also PM'ed a moderator this morning, and I hope this can be fixed very soon. It's frustrating to wait so long for a completed port, and I can't put the Public Mobile SIM card into my daughter's phone yet. Smiley Sad

@WearySky thanks for the update

WearySky

@Luddite no thanks - and she's more concerned about things like her alarm company calling her if her alarm triggers at the cottage, or her work calling her, etc.  

BUT, the good news is that it looks like her problem was just fixed.  So I guess the answer to my question is that the turnaround time is somewhere around 30-ish hours right now. 🙂

You can be a switchboard operator; her friends call you, you text your mum. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

WearySky

Dang - it seemed from the current RFD deal thread about this deal that things were speeding up a bit.  I mean, it's not the worst in the world because at least she can send/receive texts and make outgoing calls, so at least people needing to contact her can text her to ask her to call them... But still frustrating for folks that are trying to reach her that don't do texting.  At least she's not too hot-headed about this kind of thing, and is being patient about it. 🙂

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Still frustratingly up to 48 hours. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.