cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to personal information?

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just wondering if one ports out to another provider what happens to the accounts personal info such as payment method etc.

Also would the community account be deleted?

7 REPLIES 7

@Wayworn , if you do leave, be sure to have support remove your payment card information.  There is just too many cases of dead accounts still taking payment.  As for customer information, I would presume that the account information remains in the digital abyss for a very long time.  There might be record keeping requirements.  BTW, if your current plan is unsuitable and you find better elsewhere, vote with your wallet.  It is the equitable thing to do.  

Wayworn

I think that you misunderstood my previous response to you.

eddieO

@Wayworn for the life of me I don't understand why PM sets these conditions. Customers should be able to select any plan that they have available to existing and new customers regardless of price point. Sometimes things come up in life where we could really use a break, some flexibility would go a long way.

HI @Wayworn 

so, you are going to leave PM then?

Wayworn

Yes joined a couple of months ago and have no complaints about my plan other that I can’t switch back down to my original plan that I had falsely assumed that I could. As been suggested in several posts the only way to do so is to port out and in again but To me that seems a bit desperate. 

eddieO

@Wayworn after porting out the account is closed but I can't say with 100% certainty that payment info is removed completely but there definitely would be no further payments charged. After porting out you could contact the CS_agent to confirm the credit card information has been removed but make sure your new service is working fully under your existing number first

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Wayworn 

I thought you just joined.  But are you porting out ?

honest, we don't know the answer.  Best to ask support agent directly

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.