cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if Public Mobile loses your Money Order?

scb08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sent a money order to their office and it was confirmed by the mods that they received it (in a private message) and signed upon delivery (initials AC? along with a signature) on Monday with Canada Post tracking number and now the mods inform me that they don't have it.

Not sure what to do besides file a complaint and look for another carrier. Any suggestions?

Edit: Sent proof of purchase receipt, signature upon arrival receipt, and all correspondence to the Mods and I have to wait until Monday until the specific department opens.

17 REPLIES 17

@Dylan3Apparently Money Order payment is reserved for clients who had their credit card companies do chargebacks before.. see this thread.

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I havent seen a option for you to pay by sending a money order to public mobile and paying for your phone plan this way

You need to speak with the moderators about this and maybe next time you can buy a public mobile card at a store you are close to so you can just use the code from the card to add funds to your account to pay for the phone bill

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@scb08 wrote:

I sent a money order to their office and it was confirmed by the mods that they received it (in a private message) and signed upon delivery (initials AC? along with a signature) on Monday with Canada Post tracking number and now the mods inform me that they don't have it.

Not sure what to do besides file a complaint and look for another carrier. Any suggestions?

Edit: Sent proof of purchase receipt, signature upon arrival receipt, and all correspondence to the Mods and I have to wait until Monday until the specific department opens.

@scb08  I thought I might bring your post back up to the front seeing as there is a similar situation going on at the moment. You haven't shared why you were asked for the money order nor do you need to share it. But I thought I would bring to your attention and that of @ericaf  post and him yours nd maybe they are related as with @will13am link to the same issue in the current thread.

@RobertQc wrote:

@scb08 wrote:

@scb08Mistakes can happen. I would suggest contacting them again and explaining the situation with your proof. This is a great carrier and I wouldn't let something like this ruin your future savings on Canada's best network.

Along with @scb08  and @kselmak  suggestions the inclusion of your Canada post confirmation of delivery, your money order copy and receipt and proof of withdrawal of funds? If that occurred  should be sufficient. Respond to the moderator message that confirmed receipt of the money order. Public Mobile requested how they wanted you to pay them. They confirmed receipt of the package your obligation in the matter is complete. Public Mobile has to review and implement a system to remit physical payments to their head office to the accounting department. They could also look for it !! Suggestions : petty cash, the safe, the receptionist or accounting departments inbox (actual one normally grey metal with two shelves it sits on the corner of a desk.) 

And yes....dont let this mistake deter you from saving $$$ with public mobile I'm sure moderators were distracted and completely fascinated by this fossil of guarantee of funds...it was probably the first time they had seen one. Remember when you first saw a skeleton of a T-rex at a museum?

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@scb08 wrote:

I think that if this is true then you're the victim of some sort of fraud or scam. Which might or might not involve anyone who actually works for PM (or for Telus).  I think @CS_Agent would want to investigate fraud with avid interest in any receipts, screenshots, emails, msgs, signatures, and tracking numbers you could provide.

I've never heard of Public Mobile accepting any form of payment other than payment vouchers and credit cards. People have pestered PM forever about accepting Paypal or online Interac (which they don't).

No reputable business ever solicits money transfers when other payment methods are available. They *want* transactions to be logged and recorded (and reversible), they *don't want* anonymous and shady deals (and surcharges). So I don't think PM lost your money, I think you did. 

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@scb08 , if you have record of the money order being received, that should be sufficient for a CCTS complaint if they are saying something different now.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

Riggghhtt ! Next you're going to try to tell me there was a time when the gas station attendant checked your oil and cleaned your car windows....for free.

Gas? What is this gas you speak of? EV man! Get with the millenium. Gas. pspsphpsdgp

And check that keyword "the"...used to be a whole crew came out and did all that. Before my time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

About the same epoch when blackberry ruled.  Smiley Tongue

lol I've pretty much retired my old Blackberry's. Too many things just aged out making it unusable for what I wanted from a smartphone. I have a Samsung S7 on A8 now as my daily driver.

Although I also use an old Nokia Windows Phone 8.1 as my data phone.

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

I've not ever heard of that method of payment as an option here at PM. You could just go down to your local 7/11 type store or even get an on-line voucher from something like recharge.com, or ding.com.

Not sure how to redeem a mailed in payment.

This happens when an account has been topped up and the payment was reversed by the bank/custoemr/card issuer either by mistake or if a transaction was labeled as an unauthorized transaction. Public Mobile then requires the customer to pay back any amounts for services that were already used by mailing in payment.

I learn something new daily. Thanks for the follow-up info.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away people used to use a stick with some imprinting ink contained in it that rolled out from a ball in the tip and hand-wrote symbols in their language onto what were called cheques. These were pieces of paper where it was agreed that they could be used as a transport method for money.

🙂

Riggghhtt ! Next you're going to try to tell me there was a time when the gas station attendant checked your oil and cleaned your car windows....for free.

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

I've not ever heard of that method of payment as an option here at PM. You could just go down to your local 7/11 type store or even get an on-line voucher from something like recharge.com, or ding.com.

This happens when an account has been topped up and the payment was reversed by the bank/custoemr/card issuer either by mistake or if a transaction was labeled as an unauthorized transaction. Public Mobile then requires the customer to pay back any amounts for services that were already used by mailing in payment.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away people used to use a stick with some imprinting ink contained in it that rolled out from a ball in the tip and hand-wrote symbols in their language onto what were called cheques. These were pieces of paper where it was agreed that they could be used as a transport method for money.

🙂

About the same epoch when blackberry ruled.  Smiley Tongue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

🙂

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

How did mods conform they have it? You should keep screenshots just in case. They wouldn't take your money and run but mistakes can happen. Just contact them and give them all the screenshots

@hairbag1 wrote:

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RobertQc wrote:

@scb08Mistakes can happen. I would suggest contacting them again and explaining the situation with your proof. This is a great carrier and I wouldn't let something like this ruin your future savings on Canada's best network.

^This for the current situation. But not sure why you would use a mailed money order in the first place, especially with the costs of purchasing one and then mailing costs for tracking and signature. Costly, inefficient, and insecure. 

Best way to make payments is with a VISA debit card. If you have reasons for not wanting to do that, using vouchers like suggested by @hairbag1 is still a much better option.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@scb08 wrote:

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.