cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the 1 GB U.S. data roaming add-on?

traycer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in the U.S. right now, and used up a previously purchased 1 GB add-on. I would like to buy another one now, but I only see the 250 MB and 500 MB options now (both last 10 days). Did the 1 GB option disappear?

12 REPLIES 12

traycer

@srlawren wrote:

Basically they manually remove your previous (used up) 1GB US Roaming add-on and put a shiny new one on for you.

I figured there was some sort of check in place to prevent someone from accidentally ordering more than one add-on at a time. I was expecting to see the add-on still listed in my profile (used up or expired), but it doesn't show up at all, so I assumed the system would let me add a new one. Looks like the mods will be able to manually add it for me. Or I can add it myself tomorrow when the 10 days are up.

traycer

@Luddite wrote:

Some are so old I should have labeled then Quaint Quirks and Auld Bugs.

Take your flim-flammin' upvote and get out. 😂

Some are so old I should have labeled them Quaint Quirks and Auld Bugs.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@youbme wrote:

Thanks for the explanation of the system glitch, @will13am. I'm also curious to see this list compiled by @Luddite - I tried to do a quick search and couldn't find anything right away.

Here it is.  I don't know why I could not locate it earlier.  It is right there.  This quirk has been included.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bugs-and-Quirks-at-Public-Mobile/m-p/2026...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@traycer they can definitely do it for you.  Basically they manually remove your previous (used up) 1GB US Roaming add-on and put a shiny new one on for you.  Hopefully they get to your request quickly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@youbme Search "pmguide" and pick Quirks ...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the explanation of the system glitch, @will13am. I'm also curious to see this list compiled by @Luddite - I tried to do a quick search and couldn't find anything right away.

@youbme wrote:

Hello @traycer,

From what I see on the website, there is still an option for 1GB, $20, 10 days. I'm not sure why it would not show up when you are in your self-serve account...

The website shows what is available to customers at large.  The self serve account shows what is available to that particular account.  The glitch in the system is that they use a time based system to lock out access to addons that have been purchased.  They should also check usage and enable repurchase when the data is all used up even when the 10 day clock has not run down.  All this stems from the fact that they don't have a way of allowing customers to control the start of these 10 day addons.  If that was available, they can let the customer buy as many as they want and they can enabled them when needed.  @Luddite, I can't locate your list for some reason, and I don't recall whether this one was on it.  Care to check and add?

traycer

Hrm, interesting... I've contacted the mod team, so we'll see what they can do. You would think PM would have anticipated this happening.

youbme

Interesting glitch @ShawnC13, hopefully a moderator can help in this case.

youbme

Hello @traycer,

From what I see on the website, there is still an option for 1GB, $20, 10 days. I'm not sure why it would not show up when you are in your self-serve account...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@traycer, no it hasn't disappeared.  A weird little glitch won't allow you to buy it until the 10 days are fully up.  For some reason the system just works that way.  Now I am not sure if you are able to add the funds to your account and private message a MOD if they can manually add it for you.

You will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team
to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.