cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happens to my balance if lost/stolen?

asmallrat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

greetings

Here's where I'm at.
I have 2 active accounts with PM, on two different plans. One personal, one for work.

Work one (account #2) has available funds in my PM account enough to cover for next month's payment. But I don't think I will be using it for 1-2 months.

Is it valid/permitted to declare "Lost/Stolen" for less than 90 days, suspend service, but retain that balance banked for when I want to re-enable account #2?

If this is against PM's terms let me know, I'm asking in good faith.

5 REPLIES 5

@asmallrat 

Watch out my cat @maximum_gato  occasionally patrols the community for rats. At first he just likes to play but in the end it never turns out well for the rat. But he will tell you to unsuspend your account by day 85. BTW using lost/stolen will keep your voicemail intact as long as you only call from another phone don't use your suspended sim card.

@asmallrat ,

Just additional info. to keep under your hat. 

Lost/Stolen Phone and/or Suspend Service:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reactivation-issues

asmallrat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

great, thank you for the quick answer 😄

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @asmallrat ,

Your balance stays with the account as long as it does not go OVER 90 days in suspended status...then it is gone.

@asmallrat wrote:

greetings

Here's where I'm at.
I have 2 active accounts with PM, on two different plans. One personal, one for work.

Work one (account #2) has available funds in my PM account enough to cover for next month's payment. But I don't think I will be using it for 1-2 months.

Is it valid/permitted to declare "Lost/Stolen" for less than 90 days, suspend service, but retain that balance banked for when I want to re-enable account #2?

If this is against PM's terms let me know, I'm asking in good faith.

Yes, you can do that, but be extremely careful. If you wait too long to reactivate the service, the balance will be forfeited.  

Need Help? Let's chat.