cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What A Wonderful Company We Are All Lucky To Be A Part Of

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So today I am writing to you all not about a complaint, or an issue, or a review, nor most things people tend to post about in this section. I am writing to you instead, mid-episode of Daredevil, to talk about what a wonderful evening I had at the Public Mobile headquarters downtown in the Telus building. First off, I'd like to thank the PM Staff for inviting me. It was a pleasure attending their even and they seem to have gotten some really valuable information to help them continue running an excellent company as well as being able to continue providing stellar cell phone service at affordable prices.

I was unsure of what to expect when I went. Would they be poking and prodding trying to obtain my views on what I like and dislike about PM... Or would they simply want to hang out and chat. I was so very surprised to find that they found a way to perfectly mix a bit of both into the wonderful evening I enjoyed there. The first thing I noticed when I was taken up the elevator by a very courteous Jama who works for PM, was a beautiful lobby and a gorgeous office space. The view was unbelievable and the staff were all extremely pleasant when greeting us. For some reason I can't seem to find a username on the community for Jama. He must be too busy doing important business for the company to drop in but I assume after he reads this he will probably make a staff account because that's how dedicated of a company PM is. Even if he doesn't,  Thank you Jama for making me and the others there with me feel so welcome. I also had the pleasure of meeting several of the members who were there including @makkahn28, @defence5, @crazyfrog, and @imm1304 (If I missed someone I apologize)

We had a wonderful night during which we ate together, played awesome, if not somewhat confusing games together, and discussed all of the things PM has to offer as well as what they can do to improve their company which, as it seems they already have a plan to do, as any community based company or otherwise should do. They plant their roots in the fact that they care about the community, and care they do. I've seen countless people post about why they don't have live chat or phone support and my answer to you is this, they have a community... Use it and it will help you with all of your needs and give you a family you never thought you would have. I know it's already done so for me. As for response times they're really working hard to make them better and they've already done a wonderful job of getting it down from 72 hours to 24 or under and that's a huge improvement. 

I see so many users on here who make a new account just to post about a random issue they have, which is what the forum is here for, however they tend to have a tinge of attitude in their tone and I'm sure I could be faulted for doing the same thing once or twice and if I have I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies to the PM team for doing so. Now that I've actually met the people who run my service I can proudly say I'm happy to be a member of their community. I've never met a more able-bodied and open-minded group of people that actually care about and listen to their customers. This is the first time I've ever seen a company get so involved with their customers and if that's not proof that they care and want to help, I don't know what is. I would also sincerely like to thank the two biggest community mods that weren't able to come out that have helped me with several issues in the past as well as being stellar staff members, @Shazia_K and @Jeremy_M. You two are awesome. 

I had the pleasure of meeting so many of the awesome members at Public including @Val_T, @Dave_M, @David_J Matt, @Cat_L (Also can't find his community username)  and countless others. Unfortunately, @Igor_M was  unable to make it. You guys truly are an amazing company that is dedicated to helping it's customers and now that I've seen the kind of people that will be taking care of my telecommunications needs for the foreseeable future I'm glad to say that I feel comfortable and secure. I look forward to seeing where this journey takes us and I'm sure that there will be many more firsts to come in the wonderful experience that it is to be a part of Public Mobile.

Just before I sign off I'd like to thank PM one last time for the wonderful night as well as the gifts they gave us including being conscious to certain dietary needs of some of the members as well as being so courteous. If you're curious as to the gifts I hope the PM Staff don't mind me posting a pic or two of said gifts. They also gave us a $25 Prepaid Mastercard as a thank you for coming out to the event. A prepaid card for the best Prepaid service in the country. I would have attached an image of that but it was too large a file size. 

Thanks so much to all the PM staff and I apologize for anybody I left out or forgot to mention in this post. I hope to see all of you in the not too distant future and I hope to get the chance to meet some, if not all of the new Oracles that have so generously given their time and help to this wonderful community I get the pleasure to call home. Now that I have seen the faces of the people that work tirelessly to help all of us out I will think twice before being rude, or giving anyone attitude who doesn't deserve it, and I highly recommend the same treatment for anyone else prone to lashing out or ill-mannered outbursts.

WE LOVE YOU PUBLIC MOBILE!

Together, Better Happens.

P60322-225618.jpg

49 REPLIES 49

homer

good to know the event was great~

kutzki
@McLaren That's awesome. It's a pretty sweet shirt.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Nice shirt. Got the same one during the Halloween contest.

kutzki
@JM When's the next one? 😄

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @JM!  Welcome to the Community!  😉  😄

Love the pic... so many positive and energetic people in one place.  

Rockdaddy22
What an amazing thread 🙂

imm1304

Hi Rob! @defence5

Cool. So thats you 🙂

JM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey folks... Jama here, was a little hard to find with my name, but I'm here!

I have attached the group shot we took below group shot small.jpg

@kutzki@Cat_L@defence5 @imm1304 @crazyfrog @makkahn28

kutzki
Good to hear. Lol

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I think Jama is doing this now.....

kutzki

@Cat_L I would have to agree with you. 🙂

There has to be a way to merge new posts into the previous post, if that post was made by the same person lol. Just looks strange to have one after another like that, no? 

kutzki

@defence5 yeaaahh! Go rob! 

kutzki

@Cat_L I would definitely have to agree. Have any of the members I happened to have missed that are on this community post so I can add them too.. And all the ones that don't have an account yet. They should make one lol

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@kutzki Well, that's much nicer hahaSmiley Very Happy

defence5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Nope, he included me as I knew he would!

@imm1304 wrote:

I think you missed Rob in the OP tag.. not sure his community handle.  

kutzki
@Cat_L CAT! I'm so sorry. Totally forgot about you. Editing the post right now to include you. 😉

imm1304

Yes, of course, all good things.. you're a PM legend to the masses 😉

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@imm1304 I hope they were all good things Robot Very Happy

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@kutzki It was super awesome to meet you!!! I had so much fun chatting with you and the rest of the community members who came out (even though you didn't even tag me in your post Smiley Tongue). Thank you for the awesome post and thank you for sharing so much about yourself with us - we are lucky to have great customers like you!

Already this morning we sat down and wrote a list of the ideas and insights that came out of yesterday, so we keep it all top of mind while we wait for the more detailed notes. We're going to work on prioritizing the things we can do now and we're going to spend some time thinking about how we can keep all of our community up to date on the stuff we're working on!

Thank you, again, for your time and energy!

imm1304

It was nice meeting you @kutzki, and too bad we were all on separate tables as per the format of the evening .. would have loved to talk more.  I think you missed Rob in the OP tag.. not sure his community handle.  

@Jeremy_M you were asked about and discussed more than you would think!  😄  

Your absence only fuelled the rumours that you are a bot 😉  

@DK @Martin's war stories are sooo passé. He barely goes back to 1944; would you not prefer a first hand account of, say, the Peloponnesian war. If Martin is correct about my age I should have some great details of that one. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DK

Sorry I missed it due to my real job but glad it went well. Maybe in the future I will get to meet Oracle @Martin in the flesh. He can tell us some war stories. Lol. 

Cheers

@Luddite wrote:

@7789849803 Being pedantic is perogative of the elderly, especially those with a stuffed sabre tooth tiger.

If you say so, @Luddite, I'm inclined to believe it.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks for the detailed post @kutzki, I'm happy that you got to meet the Public Mobile team, and take part in discussions on how to improve our services:)

Cheers,

Jeremy

@7789849803 Being pedantic is perogative of the elderly, especially those with a stuffed sabre tooth tiger.

I wish we wouldn't be so pedantic in censoring other community members' expression of their thoughts.

@kutzki @Martin Well the controversy over an acronym sent me scurrying to the web for guidance. It seems to have a dual meaning but given what I read here Urban Dictionary it seems unlikely you youngsters would be confused. I don't think kutzi's T shirt would indicate he is a member of a "biker gang". Robot LOL

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kutzki 🙂

Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience, I am very happy to see that you had a good time 🙂

Cheers,

Shazia. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Chicklets

Thank you for your excellent post. @kutzki

kutzki
OK well frankly I need some sleep so you'll have to replace it yourself or have one of the moderators do it. Good night.
Need Help? Let's chat.