cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird issue with iPhone wifi

endee1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having a weird issue with an iPhone that can't connect to wifi. Don't really think it's a Public Mobile issue (don't see how it could be really), but just wondering if there's any possibility.

iPhone has no wifi, icon greyed out, can't turn on wifi at all. Phone has been reset fully. I can use Public Mobile data on it no problem, sign into my iCloud account etc, so there's no problem with phone being blackisted/iCloud locked etc.

Has been returned under Apple warranty twice, both times they say can find no issue (I don't have Apple store nearby so can't take phone in and show them).

To be honest I don't really understand how iPhone activation works, but is there any way at all it's anything to do with when the phone first starts up and connects to the PM network? I can't really see it, but I've never been an iPhone user, and I know they do things a bit differently to normal, sensible, Android phones.

Any suggestions or ideas?

My next plan is to borrow a friend's SIM from a different carrier, reset the phone, and try that, see if it makes any difference

2 REPLIES 2

I assume that your IOS is updated the most recent version.  If not, might want to update IOS.  

Trying your friend's SIM card in your phone makes sense to determine whether it is a hardware issues versus Public mobile issue.  You can also put your SIM card in your friend's phone to make sure that works....

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Cell phones do not require cellular service to connect to wifi. Try turning cellular data OFF. Then be sure wifi is ON; if your network is not visible something is wrong with the phone. Other ideas here: https://www.iphonehelp.expert/help/my-iphone-8-wont-connect-to-wifi-heres-the-real-fix/

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.