cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website

Dan_A
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is the website so slow?  I keep getting "page unresponsive" repeatedly on the usage history page.  It will not reload directly from address line.  Also, the filters in the usage history page will not allow a date change.  I selected 30 days, but the dates in the range boxes just show a "no access" icon.

5 REPLIES 5

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Dan_A wrote:

I used to have Firefox, but (years ago) they required the extensions to be signed and I just dumped it then. 

Those were golden Firefox days...

It used to use different 'technology' and had many extremely helpful and smart 3rd party add-ons. I still use v56 just BECAUSE of those few add-ons making my browsing easier. Alas, more and more web sites are somehow developed that my old Firefox does not work there anymore. PM is prime example where I have to use Chrome...
Same as Firefox - they changed something and NONE of old add-ons work anymore.

Is that called 'progress' or some other unspeakable word is used...

BTW, Community web page loads fast. Account/rewards is slooooow but it loads eventually. I guess everything is written by AI these days and every piece of software has zillion unnecessary lines of codes. Days of fast, efficient code are long gone. With terabytes and petabytes memories and storage why should anybody care for efficiency...
End of rant 🙂

Dan_A

Thanks, but I don't want to clutter up my storage with unnecessary browsers, so I'll stick with Chrome.  I used to have Firefox, but (years ago) they required the extensions to be signed and I just dumped it then.  Might as well stick with the most common browser if there is no real advantage (other than "difference") to Firefox.  I'll try the incognito mode, as you suggest.

Thanks.

Dan_A

I'll try the app on my tablet.  My phone has Android 5.1 and Public Mobile's app will not work on it.

I used to design web pages, write PERL cgi scripts, etc., before I retired.  It didn't seem that difficult to make the html/javascript forms to work right.  Times have changed, clearly.

Cheers.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dan_A 

Yes the website is slow but the app is a little faster.

The Usage History will only show the last 90 days on the filters.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Dan_A 

Try again using another browser, or try using Incognito/Private/Secret mode on the browsser, also try using PM app, one of those couple help

Need Help? Let's chat.