cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website inaccurate -- completely changes on incognito browser?

nm2837
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had not logged in for months. Upon logging in today, "My Account" said I had used 210 MB of my data for the cycle.

After a CS Agent suggested logging in on an Incognito browser window, "My Account" says I've only used 80 MB of my data.

There seems to be a glaring flaw with the website providing very old stale data.

5 REPLIES 5

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I fully agree with @gpixel on this problem. The refresh icons work all the time for me with the counters. The browser refresh does not. It's an extra hassle to go in to private mode. It's an extra to hassle to clear cache and cookies. It's an extra hassle to use a different browser or device. I know these are all the suggestions we give to folks but those refresh icons do the job for me every time. This is not confusing. It's confusing to do all those extra other things.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nm2837   unfortunately this has been an issue since the revamp of My Account

To avoid confusion, always use Incognito mode to check My Account

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@nm2837 

Yes, that's a well known fact and now you know that too.  Cached information has been happening ever since the website was updated.

I

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, we all know that PM has cache issue.

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down. Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nm2837 

You are absolutely correct!!!

Since the inception of the revised self-serve site, there has been terrible caching issues which are best resolved by clearing cache and cookies and using an incognito tab to log in.

We can all add that to our list of wishes for fixing.

Need Help? Let's chat.