cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are trying to activate and move a number over from Chatr

LydsMiller
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are trying to activate our sim and move our phone number over from chatr.  It keeps saying to give a valid Canadian number and we haven't been able to submit a ticket yet because it can't seem to validate our email address either.  Keeping our current number is very important to us because we have had the number for a long time.

12 REPLIES 12

@Remember wrote:

@LydsMiller 

keep your old number with Chatr non make payment you have 90 day you can port out.

From PM take new number and send a private message to them can help you, CS_Agent https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent

@Remember- Punctuation tells the reader where a thought ends and a capital letter tells where a new thought starts. I suspect my bolded enlarged edit above is what you intended. It's how misunderstanding happens.

It otherwise said - non make payment you have 90 day you can port out from PM take new number - .

You could use some more punctuation but we'll leave it at that.

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 

yes at chatr it's allowed account that have been suspended for non-payment and not active. me and my friend last week he has chatr we make call to chatr they agent say it's allowed if your account supended and not active by phone call  prove the port out with non-payment, it's has maximum 90 day from suspended.

i know they port in from Chatr to Public., what i say to @LydsMiller  take new number for new and contact CSA, to them port in, because today a lot customer has same issue,

@computergeek541  i don't know where you read port out?

and i say this  keep your old number with Chatr non make payment you have 90 day you can port out , this about chatr not Public.

@Remember wrote:

@LydsMiller 

keep your old number with Chatr non make payment you have 90 day you can port out 

from PM take new number and send a private message to them can help you, CS_Agent https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Does Chatr allow customers to port out phone numbers form accounts that have been suspended for non-payment?  The customer is trying to port from Chatr to Public.

Either way, the customer isn't trying to port out from Public Mobile to Chatr, but let's assume that was the case. In that situation, the customer absolutely does not have 90 days to port out a suspended Public account to Chatr. The number port would fail.

LydsMiller

Thanks for the great info.  We are going to try again tomorrow!

AngH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you activate the new sim, are you also providing your old account number as well? The account number from chatr?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I tried this this morning with an activation and a transfer number. It's broken.

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LydsMiller 

keep your old number with Chatr non make payment you have 90 day you can port out 

from PM take new number and send a private message to them can help you, CS_Agent https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Open account first using brand new SIM. DO NOT transfer your old number immediately. Activate SIM, open an account, pick random number. When confirmed everything works as expected, THEN initiate porting number.

Yummy_0-1663975603002.png

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Yummy_1-1663975773853.png

GR
Mayor / Maire

When I came to public Mobile I just set up the Sim card with a new number and after it was activated then I ported over my number.  Just don't get rid of your chatr Sim card because chatr will send you a text to make sure it's you porting the number over to another carrier.  Don't forget to use a refferal code to get a 10$ credit on your new activation also! 

Welcome to public Mobile 

LydsMiller

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Take a different number temporarily...then port number once you have the process figured out.

Need Help? Let's chat.