cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to check the voicemail remotely!

NewZQ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So when I call the voicemail displayed in my phone's settings from another phone it says to dial the number with an (*) at the end. When I do this it says that the number is invalid. Whats that about ? 

Dial 1 581 580 4001, enter 1 for language, enter number 418xxxxxxx* -> number invalid 😮 ?

But 418xxxxxxx# -> leave a message -,-

I do not want to leave a message I want to check them, am I missing something ?

3 REPLIES 3

The problem is, not everyone has unlimited calling plans anymore, and those on the $10 50 minutes and 50 sms/mms plan are charged for dialing in from their cell phones, or when forwarded my their voice activating.

This is why the call the voicemail access from a different phone, so they do not incur a charge.

As mentioned earlier, when you start hearing the voicemail greeting, immediately press *.  You'll then be asked for your voicemail passwod and you can check your messsages at that time.  This will work from any phone.

In additional, no need to memorize or dial voicemail retrieval numbers.  Just dial your own phone number (and don't answer the call).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NewZQ wrote:

So when I call the voicemail displayed in my phone's settings from another phone it says to dial the number with an (*) at the end. When I do this it says that the number is invalid. Whats that about ? 

Dial 1 581 580 4001, enter 1 for language, enter number 418xxxxxxx* -> number invalid 😮 ?

But 418xxxxxxx# -> leave a message -,-

I do not want to leave a message I want to check them, am I missing something ?

I don't know if this is obvious but you call your number, wait for the voicemail recording (before the beep) and immediately press * (asterisk) and maybe your password and then you're into your voicemail system.

Need Help? Let's chat.