cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting

pattyking18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been waiting over 48 hours for my issues to be resolved. I have contacted all of the moderators via direct message as well as through the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the site. There has been no acknowledgment or response whatsoever from them regarding my lack of service.

19 REPLIES 19

Well let me say, I did my research before I finally joined with Public Mobile.  Late last year, I got a 10-Day plan created to test the coverage in my area, and also to see how things would work, as I had not been a member of such a service before.

i read the forums, I asked questions, and I made sure I knew what to expect.  I also read every footnote listed on each page, and looked at every knowledge base post, and any how to threads I could find.

When I was finally ready to activate my plan fully, I took the time to do things methodically, one step at a time, never combining steps (like porting at time of activation).

With this approach, it took me 20 minutes start to finish.  I got my 30-day plan activated (couldn't do the 90 to start).

i did have a problem when I switched to the 90 day plan, but I knew that was a potential issue as I had been seeing these issues discussed.  Low and behold, full funds were deducted, and my old plan was renewed :-(.  The volume wasn't as painfully great as it currently is, however I knew to post my concern, and PM a moderator.  Issue resolved.

now, I'm fully expecting the same issue to happen on December 17th, as I've requested a future dated plan change for this terrific promo package.  If the issue is fixed, great!  I will be happy!  If the problem still exists, I have the same recourse as before.post in the community, and PM a moderator.

Potential customers have to realize that they must do their research, so they know the potential issues.  This is not victim playing as some have put it, its smart consumerism.  

For those of you you who are the most vocal, and least paitenent, I truly feel for you, but everyone is in the same boat here.  Those who are fortunate enough to get through the activation quickly maybe are lucky, the rest of use who have a problem need to respect that others are facing the same.

im sure you will not be out money for waiting for your plans to be activated for the backlog of issues.

Eug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
^^^ Victim blaming is a pretty apt description.

Nedly

There's a weird sort of "victim blaming" that goes on around here... like "It's your own fault, you should have read the forums and saw how terrible the service is before getting involved"... its akin to saying they shouldnt have went to the party if they didnt want to get roofied by frat boys.

All the FAQ's and How-To's say how easy everything is and that if there is an issue you'll get a response in 2-3hrs, when the reality is that there's 3 people handling thousands of tickets and people waiting a week or more with zero communication from PM.

jeremyesq
@Watoko Nicely said. I saw in another thread that Steveo chose to go with WIND's $45 anywhere plan (currently $40 for the first 10 months). Hopefully he remembers to turn off data roaming because it will cost 5¢ per MB outside of WIND's coverage area ... area that is within Public Mobile's service area

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Steveo

If you actually did a remote search of these forums before signing up, these issues shouldn't have been a surprise, which by the way, only happen to a small number of users. A large majority have ported 3-4 numbers over, or got all of friends and family over with no problems. If you don't like it (which clearly you don't), then by all means, take your money elsewhere. That's the beauty and basis of competition in North America.

Second, to call us "paid customers to post well on here" is just you simply spreading false information and taking it out on us. If you, again, did a quick search of these forums, you'll find that there are also people expressing frusturation as well, so your accusation is simply invalid. Keep in mind ALL of us (that are not moderators) are volunteers, dedicating our time to help people like YOU with problems. If you actually want to talk to paid reps, then yeah I think you're better suited paying more at the big 3 carriers.

Good day!

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I feel sorry for you for not being able to get your service set up properly here at Public Mobile.

While I totally understand your frustration as the Public Mobile's system certainly has problems that require immediate attention. However, there are a few things that I would like to point out for you.

1. My friend and I have ported four numbers from Bell and Fido during this promotion and everything went through very smoothly. We made sure that our name and account number matches our Bell and Fido bill. We made sure our browser is most up to date before starting. We use PC instead of tablet or smart phone for the registration. When something seems wrong, we came to the community and search for clues before proceeding.

2. Usually when there's a system glitch, or when information was entered wrong, then the person would require mod attention. So the cause of the issue can be on both PM and/or your own shoulder. 

3. Every day there are people reporting issues being reviewed and fixed so PM support, while limited, is definitely there. 

4. I agreed with you that we Public Mobile folks might get some incentives (I don't currently have any) for posting here, but most of us are genuinely just posting here so we can help out and contribute back to the community, as after all I would really like Public mobile to grow and thrive. If you do the math, the top contributor probably spent atleast 50 hours a month on this forum. If the only driving factor is to save an extra 10/15 bucks, I am sure they can make better use of their time elsewhere.

Once again, I feel sorry for that fact that you have come so close yet forfeited the potential savings.

boldventure

I do agree that they should not charge until all are functioning well. The management should have anticipated the issue, lack of staffs to handle, hence they should added more hands to support temporarily. Extraordinary situation requires extraordinary measure. If they do not want to hire temporarily due to additional cost then they should use add the technical team in the frontline so that they can address technical issues directly and fixed it immediately. Issues should not be recurring since it should already fixed the first time they encountered the issue if system issue but it seems same issues are still being encountered. And they should adjust also the start date of the plan if it did not work during activation. It is really frustrating since your message remains unread for days and you are waiting forever. Knowing there are issues but you still activate a sim then it's a risk, it will be hit or miss. I had issues on the service but resolved in 3 days, I was frustrated but decided to activate another sim hoping that I don't encounter the same issue. At the end I'm glad I switched

Kaiyo

@Steveo wrote:

And go with another company I have, thank goodness as well. This is going to be my last post here but honestly, with the proper communication and handling of these issues, this wouldn't be a problem. It becomes a problem when customers are left in the dark and given conflicting information. I'll give you a few examples:

1. "Private message a moderator, they'll get back to you". Sure, this might work if there's only one or two people messaging the 2-4 public mobile employees working. But direct 200+ people to 2 to 4 employees? Not going to work

2. "Access the self serve portal and port your number there". Sure, if i'm able to actually log in. My number isn't registered and it won't allow me to create a new account.

3. "Wait". This one's my favorite. Till when?...

Good luck existing Public Mobile folks (and I'm sure several of you are paid customers to post well on here). And good luck to anyone thinking of signing up, you'll be in for a long ride...

I do not see any conflicting info there, only solutions, 1) get help from mod, 2) try to do it yourself in the mean time, if not 3) wait until a mod gets back to you. 

Steveo

And go with another company I have, thank goodness as well. This is going to be my last post here but honestly, with the proper communication and handling of these issues, this wouldn't be a problem. It becomes a problem when customers are left in the dark and given conflicting information. I'll give you a few examples:

1. "Private message a moderator, they'll get back to you". Sure, this might work if there's only one or two people messaging the 2-4 public mobile employees working. But direct 200+ people to 2 to 4 employees? Not going to work

2. "Access the self serve portal and port your number there". Sure, if i'm able to actually log in. My number isn't registered and it won't allow me to create a new account.

3. "Wait". This one's my favorite. Till when?...

Good luck existing Public Mobile folks (and I'm sure several of you are paid customers to post well on here). And good luck to anyone thinking of signing up, you'll be in for a long ride...

jeremyesq
@Steveo ... if they stopped letting people sign up, people would scream "false advertising" ... damned if they do, damned if they don't

There are hundreds if not thousands of threads about issues relating to activations, right here in this public forum for all to see. Potential customers can and should do their due diligence and be aware there could be issues if they decide to proceed.

Lastly, the Oracles and Mayors (@Luddite @Rockdaddy22, @NDesai, among others) have been patrolling these forums like hawks trying to help as much as they can. They could easily turn their backs and go about their business, but no, they care enough to do what they can

Kaiyo

@Steveo wrote:

You'd think that a company that cares would stop people from signing up until they get these issues resolved. It's been happening for 2 or more weeks yet they still decide to take money in return for providing NO service. 

This is is not a company strong on ethics or doing the right thing.

The issues could very well only be happening to 5% of the people signing up. Sure if the system glitches more than not they would take down the activation page until it's all sorted out. 

There's also a scheduled maintance that happened today and another at midnight to probably fix these issues that users are encountering.

mint9317
This company is not for everyone. The self serve & community system takes getting used to. Theres gonna be a lot of frustrated people like this coming off the big 3 with the current PM promo plan.

If you need a rep to call and complain about immediately pay for it with Rogers/Telus/Bell.

Patience is Key. Expect queue times. This is not your typical telebusiness model. Good luck.

Steveo

You'd think that a company that cares would stop people from signing up until they get these issues resolved. It's been happening for 2 or more weeks yet they still decide to take money in return for providing NO service. 

This is is not a company strong on ethics or doing the right thing.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Its unfortunate that you encountered issues. there are many people who have not had issues.  in most cases ports have gone well and when there were issues problems were resolved quite fast. Unfortunately due to the success of this promo there has been a large influx of new customers and porting issues.  causing delays in moderator response times.  

For new customers considering Public mobile and want to plan for the worst @Luddite in the activation blues thread outlined the various options.  for the most cautious persons I would recommend getting a 10 or 30 day text only plan.  create your account and future-date the promo plan.  and then port your number once the influx has calmed down, that way if you run into any issues mod will be able to respond in a more timely manner.  

I believe the success of this promo just shows how much Canadians are looking for better cellular rates.  

As a side note was looking into plans in Mexico for a friend and they have a plan free North American calling and 2 gb data for about $14 month

Kaiyo

Normally you get your service right after you pay. However, sometimes the system runs into issues. At this time there are many people signing up and activating because of the current promotion, and some are running into problems the mods are swamped with people, like you, with issues. So you may have to wait a while before you get a response. They will respond once they get to your queue. 

It is a no frills service, and there may not be as many staff as needed for this promotion. You should be compensated for the days you're without service. 

pattyking18

It is outrageous to me that you are trying to justify what essentially amounts to stealing of thousands of customers' money. 

Please stop trying to cover for this company's incompetency. Your must either be deluded or a paid corporate shill. 

Steveo
Activation blues is a nice way to phrase it. At this point what ever savings you get from their plan is not worth the frustration and time/effort to follow up with non existent service.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Do whatever floats your boat.

I do agree, though, that new customers should prepare for activation blues. Pretty sure PM's current plan is worth the aggro. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Just like others, you are in a que. They will get to you as soon as possible. You will be surprised to see that there thousands of new comers who activated successfully. Just because they don't post, we don't know exactly. I still consider failing issues are very rare. If you get stuck, just wait and you will be happy later on. 

Need Help? Let's chat.