cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

lake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My VM message centre is a Nova Scotia number and I'm in Ontario. Can I switch the number manually to MY area code. In VM settings there seems to be this option but I'm just not sure .

6 REPLIES 6

@computergeek541 Agreed other than that some voicemail numbers aren't working properly.

@lake wrote:

My VM message centre is a Nova Scotia number and I'm in Ontario. Can I switch the number manually to MY area code. In VM settings there seems to be this option but I'm just not sure .

There isn't any need to do this. Customers should be using the voicemail retrieval number assigned to the account.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Have you always accessed vm by dialling a number? You don't have the vm notification come up on your phone and just click that, either way I guess it's semantics with a Canada wide plan but I'd you prefer an Ontario area code. You can def use that 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It actually doesn't matter. With all plans being Canada-wide, you can use any of the numbers.

lake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thankyou!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lake   Yes, you can make the manual update to the voicemail number you want

Here is the list of VM number:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Pick the Ontario one, call them first to make sure it works well , then you can change the Voicemail # on your device manually

Need Help? Let's chat.