cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail retreival

davidsonross
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has the “call voicemail” prompt stopped working?

calling my own number and giving a password does work.

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@davidsonross wrote:

@davidsonross 

It should still be working. I suggest you perform a Reset of your Network Settings on your device.

iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

You can also try to delete your voicemail number from your contacts, then re-add it as a new one. See here for Voicemail Access Numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

@darlicious wrote:

@davidsonross 

Make sure you press "*" once your call to voicemail connects. You will then be prompted to enter your 4 digit voicemail pin #.

There is an option to NOT have a PIN number when answering using the device with SIM card.  Why bother when you have a pass code on the device?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@davidsonross wrote:

@davidsonross 

Do you mean the speed dial key ?

Maybe it needs reprogramming. Check the settings.

@davidsonross 

Make sure you press "*" once your call to voicemail connects. You will then be prompted to enter your 4 digit voicemail pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidsonross 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, and Reset Voicemail Password..

If you forget your password your Self-Serve ,Reset password (publicmobile.ca)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To access voicemail messages from your mobile device, hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad. You can also access your voicemail from a landline or any other phone line, by dialing your 10-digit phone number, selecting ‘Send’ or ‘Call’ and then pressing ‘*’ to skip the system greeting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidsonross 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Help Articles (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.