cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice service

Seamone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t get voice service at my cottage, texting is ok I spoke with port service but that said this a tech support problem, can I get some answers please

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Seamone 

Where's the cottage? This is likely due to the lack of 3G network service in that area as currently pm uses the 3G network for your voice services. You can try switching to 3G only and see if it improves....test for your signal strength while in 3G network mode by going to your Settings>>About phone>>Sim card status>>Signal strength>> What is your -dBm reading?

-60dBm to -80dBm (ideal) -81dBm to -94dBm (acceptable) -95dBm to -101dBm (poor) anything below -101dBm is unusable. But as long as you have a signal you have something to work with. Spending $100 for a signal booster on Amazon may be all you need  to fix the problem.

Alternatively  as we await the implementation of VoLTE calling for pm customers sometime this year (hopefully) you can also call forward (busy/unreachable) your pm phone # to a voip provider # (such as textnow or fongo) that can be used on wifi or mobile data (0.5mb/1min). Your incoming pm calls will ring thru to your voip phone # which you can also use for your outgoing voice calls whenever you cannot connect to the 3G network.

Check your local towers.....

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=43.381494&lng=-79.836603&zoom=12&type=Road...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Seamone - you spoke with tech support? So you were in conversation with a CSA with public mobile, or you spoke with the Telus Porting group (regarding incoming ports only)?

We are all customers/members like you here, and have no access to your account.

Do you have all services working when you are not at the cottage?

Try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily).

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you call out? Did you recently port in your number?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Check Telus coverage maps to see if you are in a dead zone or near one

Need Help? Let's chat.