cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail speed dial

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

We bought a new flip phone and lost the last digit of the voice mail speed dial number. We accidentally deleted it. We can't find a way to reset it on the phone so we can't call voice mail with the speed dial. Can Public Mobile reset it or perhaps the whole phone?

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rascal 

Yay....I'm glad I didn't give up on trying to post my post and it all worked out for you. Come back anytime we love to help!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Rascal

Thank you, darlicious!! You saved the day and we appreciate it so much!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Oh I hate this new community forum that eats our posts that even **poof** the magic post eating dragon can't fix anymore! Pm why did you give us this piece of crap forum?!!

@Rascal 

For the umpteenth time of trying to post this info for you...and perhaps our resident expert can confirm you can enter ##004# here....from the instructions for your phone:

Enable Call Forwarding:

1. Open “Phone
  2. Tap “Menu
  3. Go to “Settings” > “Call forwarding” (NOTE: this option might be unavailable if it’s unsupported by your carrier)
  4. Enter or edit the phone number/contact you want to use for call forwarding
  5. Tap “Enable” to confirm

Enable Conditional Call Forwarding:

1. Launch “Phone
  2. Tap “Menu
  3. Go to “Settings
  4. Access “Call forwarding
  5. Select to forward incoming calls “When unanswered”, “When unreachable” or “When busy
  6. Enter or edit the phone number you want to forward calls to
  7. Tap “Enable” / “Update

Disable Call Forwarding:

1. Launch “Phone
  2. Tap “Menu
  3. Go to “Settings” > “Call forwarding
  4. If necessary, select the forwarding option you want to disable
  5. Tap “Disable” to confirm.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Rascal

It's a Max West Neo Flip LTE

Rascal

Maxwestneofliplte

Hi @Rascal   What model is your phone?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rascal 

Well it's a bit of a guess on a flip phone for your call forwarding settings....but try settings>>phone >>calls>>call forwarding>>then enter ##004#.

Edit:

For an Alcatel flip phone the instructions are as follows:

From the home screen, press the OK button on the keypad. Scroll to and select Settings. Under 'Network & Connectivity' tab, scroll to and select Call Settings. Select Call Forwarding.

Rascal

Not sure where to enter the ##004#

Rascal

Speed dial options do not include the number 1 key, just 2-9.

Shot in the dark, @Rascal , but is this helpful:

• From the main screen, select 
    Menu

Utilize the 5-way navigation pad to highlight and the OK button to select.
    HALIMACS_0-1646272448693.gif

• Select 
    Contacts
  • Use the 
    right soft key HALIMACS_1-1646272448696.jpeg
     to choose Options.

• Select 
    Speed dial
  • Highlight a speed dial option (e.g., 2-9) then select 
    Set
  • Highlight the applicable contact then press 
    OK to select.    Update the number.

Rascal

When I hold one, it goes to the number missing the last digit (1), so the call cannot go through. I know that the last digit is 1, but I can't get the number back into the speed dial.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rascal 

To reset your call forwarding back to the default pm voicemail number use ##004#.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rascal wrote:

We bought a new flip phone and lost the last digit of the voice mail speed dial number. We accidentally deleted it. We can't find a way to reset it on the phone so we can't call voice mail with the speed dial. Can Public Mobile reset it or perhaps the whole phone?

@Rascal  - what happens when you press and hold '1' on your dialer?

OR, see here - Voicemail Access list:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

the last 7 digits are always 1-xxx-580-4001

Need Help? Let's chat.