cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail setup

theguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My wife and I switched from Rogers double expensive, yet 1/4th data plan to this this awesome deal. Everything looks ok expcet VM.

I wanted to call voice mail, it is not working. I saw a reply for the same question and I tried speed dialing '1', it says ' you haven't set up the voicemail account'. I checked the SIM contacts to see if there are predefined numbers there. There aren't any. I rebooted my phone. Still nothing.

I called my # from another line. Looks like the voicemail is working with the default message. How how to do I call the voicemail? 

6 REPLIES 6

parsonscl90

Thank you! this really helped 🙂

peg

This does work on iPhone!  Just press Voicemail button and it will set you up.

theguy

Thank you all such a fast response. Calling to my own # worked.

DugMcV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@theguy wrote:

I wanted to call voice mail, it is not working. I saw a reply for the same question and I tried speed dialing '1', it says ' you haven't set up the voicemail account'. I checked the SIM contacts to see if there are predefined numbers there. There aren't any. I rebooted my phone. Still nothing

When I ported my number from Rogers and was all set up, I tried exactly what you did, with the same results.  Finally, I tapped the "Voicemail" button on my iPhone -- which caused the PM system to walk me through the process of setting up my voicemail message etc, setting a pin, and so on. 

Give that a try - and it would be awesome if you'd post back here to let me know if that worked for you, as this will surely help others as well.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I believe you can call your own number from your cellphone and it will go into the voicemail setup.

Need Help? Let's chat.