cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Mail Not Working

JB10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Voice Mail prompt voice is now speaking french and chinese. Now wants me to enter my 10 digit number which was never the case before and even when I do it says my number doesn't exist.   Tried to submit a ticket but that's not working either.

10 REPLIES 10

JB10

After a full week, having the issue escalated to the engineering dept and me constantly nudging PM suddenly it's back working the way that it was.  No explanation as to what the cause was but  I believe the issue was caused by the upgrade PM did Jul 13.  Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions.

Thanks @dust2dust   For testing it out.  I was just wondering if caller id was a way for VM to determine if you are call from the cell or not.  I guess the system is smarter than that

HI@JB10   try the different VM access number as @dust2dust suggested.  I remember not too long ago, someone has weird VM issue and it was due to the problem of the access number used, and got fixed after trying another one

@hTideGnow- I had to test that. I hide my number. Dialing a working voicemail access number goes straight to telling me I have no messages. (I don't have a password set)

@JB10- Dial *5005*86*17785804001# to set your voicemail access number to the one I gave you. You most likely have Canada-wide calling so the fact that it's a BC number wouldn't matter. Then test it by attempting to access voicemail as you normally would.

Adding - let me know if you have a province-only plan and then let me know the province

HI @JB10   did you hide your Caller ID? 

JB10

They've tried resetting my voice  mail but  no difference.  I'm IOS.

Yes, they stump easily. You'll need to change the access number in your phone. iOS or Android?

JB10

Thank you - that enabled me to get my voice mail messages -  but I still can't access like I was before.  Just hitting the "call voice mail" on my phone and entering my password.  Still getting chinese and other languages.  I've private message Public Mobile but they seem stumped.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What voicemail access number do you have set? Some of them have done this to me too. Some might even be intermittent. Try 1-778-580-4001.

If your voicemail settings are to go into voicemail without a password when on the device then the right access number will do that.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

To contact support if ticketing does not work:

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Did you try accessing your vmail calling vmail number from other phone? What province you are registered with? Maybe vmail language is province related. My speaks English...

Need Help? Let's chat.