Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get it on my iPhone 7

14 REPLIES 14

@will13am wrote:

@Yummy wrote:

@will13am thank you for provided link.

I did check and it says:

Yummy_0-1697040628745.png

but I still do not see VoLTE option on my phone. Should PM do something on their side (my account) or I have to do something?

@Yummy , as I already mentioned, the checker is not 100% accurate.  There is a chance the checker will say compatible but you won't get VoLTE.  I have hardware in the same boat.  In fact I had VoLTE for about a month following initial rollout and then out of nowhere the phone was blacklisted.  Don't bother asking support for help.  I have tried with zero success.  I have exhausted all avenues to restoring VoLTE.  Public Mobile does not appear to have much appetite to address VoLTE and 5G issues, it is so easy to point fingers at the hardware.  BTW, what phone are you using?

Well, if YOU did not have success with VoLTE and support from PM, I am sure I will not have either.
I am not so crazy about VoLTE; the only reason I would like to have it is to be able to apply a trick (I used before VoLTE) to reject all calls going to voice mail. VoLTE broke that feature and now my vmail is getting all kind of spam calls.

I have Samsung S10.

@Yummy wrote:

I did check and it says:

but I still do not see VoLTE option on my phone. Should PM do something on their side (my account) or I have to do something?

@Yummy , as I already mentioned, the checker is not 100% accurate.  There is a chance the checker will say compatible but you won't get VoLTE.  I have hardware in the same boat.  In fact I had VoLTE for about a month following initial rollout and then out of nowhere the phone was blacklisted.  Don't bother asking support for help.  I have tried with zero success.  I have exhausted all avenues to restoring VoLTE.  Public Mobile does not appear to have much appetite to address VoLTE and 5G issues, it is so easy to point fingers at the hardware.  BTW, what phone are you using?

I did check and it says:

@Phil_Adelphus @softech 

Thanks, I checked my iPhone 8 and it doesn’t have the VoLTE settings but good to know it was hidden on iPhones and Pixel.

I will keep quite on the iPhone 14 PM setting. Gives me options to enable or disable.😉

@BKNS27   On mine have an extra line for 3G below the LTE, then the same three paragraphs about 5G and then nothing below that.   Funny because on my old Android with another carrier I had a VoLTE setting that was enabled but didn't actually get VoLTE even though the phone was capable and the line was supposedly provisioned for it, but that's another story....

@BKNS27 @Phil_Adelphus PM, and Telus usually hide the VoLTE toggle on iPhone and Pixel.  You are lucky if you still have it showing there 🙂 

@Phil_Adelphus 

That is strange because I have this setting on my iPhone 14 Pro Max.

This feature might be on specific iPhones.

IMG_1062.png

@BKNS27   There is no VoLTE button in my iPhone 13 but it doesn't drop to 3G on calls so I assume I have VoLTE.  I thought someone else here had said that for some reason PM doesn't provide the button on iPhones, it's just VoLTE automatically on a compatible iPhone?   Not that it helps with @BobCatBob1  's iPhone 7 as far as the compatibility list is concerned, but he could try it just to be sure by making a phone call when data is on and wifi is off and seeing if the phone drops from LTE to 3G to indicate no VoLTE.

@Yummy wrote:

How about Samsung S10?

And where is 'compatibility checker below'????????

Yummy_0-1696893222409.png

@Yummy , I use this checker.  It is not 100% accurate.  If the checker says compatible, there is still a chance that it won't work.  Of course if the checker says not compatible, that result is totally accurate.  Given the age of an S10, I would think not compatible.  

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/how-to-use-volte

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BobCatBob1 

You can only connect to VoLTE if your iPhone 7 have this option.

Go to Settings>Cellular Data Options>Voice & Data>enable VoLTE if there is a button available…if not then your iPhone will not support it.

How about Samsung S10?

And where is 'compatibility checker below'????????

Yummy_0-1696893222409.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BobCatBob1 , your phone will not get VoLTE.  As warning, the VoLTE whitelist is very restrictive from what I can tell.  If you are considering hardware upgrade, there is still a chance that hardware listed as compatible might not work, particularly if the hardware came from a competing brand.  I know of a friend who is unable to get an iPhone XR to work with VoLTE because it was sourced from a competing brand.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BobCatBob1  - You could inquire with Public Mobile CS_Agent by clicking the bubble and bottom right to inquire, but in this help article is says only iphone 8 and higher: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/volte

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BobCatBob1 

iPhone 7 does not make it to PM compatible list.  So, you will have to use 3G for voice and cannot use VoLTE

minimum requirement for iPhone for VoLTE on PM is iPhone 8 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Need Help? Let's chat.