cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voicemail on Android phones?

checheche
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone!  I'm wondering if Public offers visual voicemail for Android phones (particularly the Google Pixel or Pixel 2).  I hate having to dial and listen to all my voicemails one by one, versus being able to just see the list of voicemails and listen to them selectively.

I don't see anything about it on the Public plan details themselves.  Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@mimmo wrote:

@srlawren  as long as you have signal then you should b able do it.  I recall setting up forwarding it in the USA without the USA addon.

@mimmo interesting!  I didn't realize that.  I guess setting up the forwarding isn't itself a call, it's probably using the .... what's it called?  the command channel or something like that. Good to know.  So I'll revise it to:  make sure you set up the forwarding before you leave [Canada+USA].  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@srlawren  as long as you have signal then you should b able do it.  I recall setting up forwarding it in the USA without the USA addon.

srlawren

@mimmo uhm, good question.  Maybe it's not required to do before leaving province, as long as you are still in Canada.  If you're leaving Canada, definitely be sure to do it before leaving the country.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@srlawren why before you leave your province?

srlawren

@marsbar the only "problem" with using Fongo for outbound calls is that the outbound caller ID shows your Fongo phone number, which is differen than your regular (Public Mobile) phone number, which may confuse some of your contacts.  As an altnerative, you may want to consider Google Hangouts Dialer.  You can verify your PM phone number with it, and then configure it to use that number as your outbound caller ID number when placing calls from within the app.  More info here.

When travelling out of province, a viable option is to use Hangouts Dialer for outbound calls, and forward your PM phone number (prior to leaving your home province) to a free Fongo number based in your home province.  

imm1304

Hi @marsbar,

Yes, Fongo allows you to have a fully functional phone line with its own phone number.  You can call US/Canada for free using wifi or mobile data.  

marsbar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fongo also gives you free VOIP-based dialling out-of-province, right?

mimmo

@checheche I was playing around with the idea of forwarding unanswered calls etc to my fongo number. And use Congo as my voicemail service. As I believe it has a visual voicemail system.

I never got into the details/playing around  to making it work.... So It could be an option, but  not 100%sure

The $30 off is the discount for bundle pricing. Your plan price will stay with you as long as you don't change your plan (or PM increases the prices with the according notice outlined in the fine print, they have a very good track record with that, though.)

imm1304

Hey @checheche,

That must be the 3-item discount, its just the detail of how the plan cost was calculated.

You can expect to pay $52 every month.  

checheche
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also, when doing the "build a plan" option, the one I built showed a cost of $82 - $30 discount.

Would that be only a one-time discount, or does it mean my bill would always be $52/mo?

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile does not support visual voice mail.

Need Help? Let's chat.