cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low signa

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’ve been with PM for a few years now, and have always had problems with the mobile signal being ver low, and sometimes nil.  Just wondering if anyone can suggest anything to solve this problem.  It’s becoming annoying when I’m in the middle of an important call, and the call either gets dropped, or the other party hangs up because they can’t hear me, or I’m cutting in and out.  I called Telus because PM is under their umbrella, and use their towers, but they said they couldn’t help me that I would have to contact PM.

I know I have to open a ticket, and I’ve done this a few times before, but can’t remember how I did it.

I always receive great advice from the community, and great service from the service agents.

Thank you in advance!

18 REPLIES 18

@TessieBoo 

I don't believe your phone is volte compatible at PM. since your device doesn't have volte, there is only 1 tower in the area you can connect too for voice. the tower by Williams street west and mazie street. normally I would suggest a cellphone booster to improve reception. however, since 3g is being decommissioned the best alternative option would be to purchase a device(2020 or newer) that is volte compatible at PM to improve your reception. this will allow you to use the other towers in the vicinity for voice as well

hi @TessieBoo  not sure if your phone has volte.  but if it does, it is on a different screen, yiu were checking network mode screen under Connection., usually Volte is on the  Connection screen itself 

TessieBoo

@hTideGnow

Thank you for your response.  I checked, and I don’t have the option to enable VOLTE.  Just 4,3 and 2G. I’ve always had it on the recommended 4G.  Just tried the other 2, and no signal at all on 2, and it’s the same signal on 3 as it is on 4.

hi @TessieBoo 

Voice over LTE.  But I doubt your phone is VOLTE compatible.   But you can try to enable it under the Connection screen on your phone.  It allows you to use LTE to connect voice call and not 3G

TessieBoo

Thank you!  I’m in a single dwelling.  There are houses behind me that are on a bit of a slope, so maybe they are blocking my signal.

@TessieBoo wrote:

That’s strange because I don’t live very far from the river, but probably it’s the wrong end of the river.  The wonders of living in a small town, eh? Well, now I know that it’s not my phone, and that my house isn’t jinxed.

Thanks!

@TessieBoo , I always have the same issues where I am in NB.  Signal is decent for a bit then drops to 1 bar! This happens at home & everywhere else in town. Odd part is that the signal seems much worse right in middle of town!

Sometimes resetting network settings helps me, rebooting phone or as simple as enabling airplane mode for a minute then back off.
We don’t have any Telus towers here in this small town but have Bell & Rogers, so we are using Bell towers.

When the wind blows, it’s cloudy, it rains or the signal is in a bad mood it drops down to 1 bar! It has gotten worse here these past few months!

My service has VoLTE enabled on my account.

It’s very frustrating to have such unreliable phone service, especially in emergencies!

Edit: For typos!

TessieBoo

I have a uleFone, and it works great everywhere else in town, just not at my house.

What’s VoLTE?  
Thanks!

TessieBoo

That’s strange because I don’t live very far from the river, but probably it’s the wrong end of the river.  The wonders of living in a small town, eh? Well, now I know that it’s not my phone, and that my house isn’t jinxed.

Thanks!

umnikke8

It actually looks as though your town has minimal cell coverage. The primary tower you would be using is the Bell (they share with Telus) tower by the river, the remainder of Telus and Bell sites in the area look to be small localized gap fillers, a sign of the poor coverage. Rogers also covers your town with just one site.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

ho @TessieBoo 

did you try enable VoLTE?

what phone you have?

@TessieBoo 

here's what the tower location map...looks like fairly good coverage, depending where you are.

If you're in a basement suite or behind a hill...that will affect the signal.

smithfalls.jpg

TessieBoo

Sorry…. I did that in error, then couldn’t figure out how to change it.  I’m having a crazy afternoon….lol

Thanks

TessieBoo

Thank you so much!  

TessieBoo

Smiths Falls, On

@TessieBoo 

thanks for awarding me the "Solution"...but I didn't solve anything for you. You can click the little down arrow to edit out that solution....if you like.  😎

@TessieBoo 

where's home...generally ?

TessieBoo

Sorry……I forgot to mentionthat I only have this problem in my home.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo  Here’s how to open ticket 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.